Relationship between IRCM amd Electronic Climate Control?

Torino Cobra

Does the IRCM have anything to do with the ECC? If the IRCM is replaced with an earlier on from a sc with manual climate control could it cause problems?

Help i need heet

Well my posts have gotten no replies so I guess yall dont know or dont care. Funny how guys get told by twenty people what not to do (tear down a moter but not replace hg's) but ECC question gets ignored. Sorry to rant but im frustrated, guys who obviosly havent evan tried the forum search get lots of suggestions repeated over and over, but after three hours reading threads my question gets ignored. Sorry guys, I own three S/C's , and you all know that can make you as crazy as if you were trying to have three girlfriends living with you. heck I think three chicks might be easier to deal with than trying to keep three S/C's operational. Sorry for the rant again. HELP I NEED HEAT

Last i knew of, no it doesn't matter, as long as the PN's IRCM are the same they should be swappable

Also what does the IRCM have to do with you not having heat??

re ircm

Well my posts have gotten no replies so I guess yall dont know or dont care. Funny how guys get told by twenty people what not to do (tear down a moter but not replace hg's) but ECC question gets ignored. Sorry to rant but im frustrated, guys who obviosly havent evan tried the forum search get lots of suggestions repeated over and over, but after three hours reading threads my question gets ignored. Sorry guys, I own three S/C's , and you all know that can make you as crazy as if you were trying to have three girlfriends living with you. heck I think three chicks might be easier to deal with than trying to keep three S/C's operational. Sorry for the rant again. HELP I NEED HEAT

... I think the IRCM if for the fans & fuel pump on some cars but not for the climate control to cause not to blow hot air ..... cause i know that when you turn the ac the fans should come on

first do you know if the heater core is by passed ????

does your ac vents blows air ???? if not it could be the fan behind the glove box .... if your ac works just cold air but no hot then your heater core it my be bypassed

of course my heater core is not bypassed, im not THAT dumb (but dumb enough to have three runnig SC's) I thought I had read a post in the past about IRCM and ECC functions. I dont know exactly what that ol IRCM does but it sure does have a lot of wires if all it does is control cooling fan high and low speed and the fuel pump. But i DO thank you for answering my post and giving me yalls advice. I have been saved so many time by this forum, esp the search function, usually I dont evan have to ask dumb ol hard questions like this, they mostly all have already been asked and answerd around here already!! And I wll get that heat working if I have to spend twenty days and two thousand dollars at the salvage yards, (ooops, done that already six times) so thanks again yall!

Well techinally the climate control (either Manual or semi auto) do connect to the IRCM, but that's mostly to control the AC and/or Fan when the AC. but the IRCM are the same between the two different Climate control setups

I knew that ECC (Electronic Climate Control) was connected to that ~~~ IRCM. Just put on in from a 93 SC just like mine with ECC and heat works fine now!! Thanks yall, cant imagine what it was doing but it fixed it. seems like I had an older part number IRCM, the chick I got this car from had a bf who wasnt all that swift. But cause of that I got a SC with a freshly rebuilt engine and a blown junkyard tranny for 500 bucks!! Cant under stand why they bought a salvage tranny to put behind a new motor, but Im glad they did!!

Thanks for all yalls help!!

Well my posts have gotten no replies so I guess yall dont know or dont care.
Ohhh kayyy... we care. Really.. :rolleyes:

About all I can tell you regarding the IRCM is the ECC (I don't know for 100% sure, but Im 99% sure) informs the EEC that the A/C or Defrost is on. The EEC then engages the relay inside the IRCM to turn on the radiator fan at its low speed which draws more air over the condenser so that your A/C cools. That happens even on the defrost or defrost/heat setting. Other than that, there's no relationship on what the IRCM does. Now its possible, but I don't think Ford would reengineer the wiring to do this, that the ECC directly engages the radiator fan. But I doubt this because the EEC is the main control when it comes to engine temperature and loads, etc.

If you don't have heat, it could be from the ECC not diverting the air stream over the heater core or... a clogged heater core. If you have an engine stumbling issue on startup, the vacuum lines going through the firewall are a place to look since the ECC, and the plain jane A/C control, manipulate the A/C air flow with 3 vacuum actuators buried deep within the dash.

heck I think three chicks might be easier to deal with than trying to keep three S/C's operational.
Hee heee... Ummmm.. No! Actually, 3 SCs are about the equivalent of 1 woman. And 10 SCs = 1 high maintenance woman. :D

Last edited:
Back