Valve cover gaskets

wterry

I know someone has the answer for me.
I have a 1990 SC and need to change some really leaky valve cover gaskets and cannot find and repair manuals which go into SC details and what I need to know is do I have to remove the complete super charger or can the throttle body assemble off the back of ther super charger to gain enough access to r&r the valve coners?
and also if anyone know of a good place to get a descent repair manual let me know please because the chilton for the 89-95 t-birds if worthless for the SC cars.

You might as well remove it...

It's only three bolts....

While you have it off, change the oil in the SC....:D

Go to e-bay and search for a Ford service manual....

I know someone has the answer for me.
I have a 1990 SC and need to change some really leaky valve cover gaskets and cannot find and repair manuals which go into SC details and what I need to know is do I have to remove the complete super charger or can the throttle body assemble off the back of ther super charger to gain enough access to r&r the valve coners?
and also if anyone know of a good place to get a descent repair manual let me know please because the chilton for the 89-95 t-birds if worthless for the SC cars.

I am with Eddie, although you don't have to, it makes things alot easier. also, you may want to take loose the coolant line brackets on either side of the engine. Of course, the upper and lower IC tubes will have to come off as well. It is a pretty fun job. Make sure to reseal the IC tubes well when you put it back together.

Back