Plug wires with numbers and tricks / suggestions

EatonEmployee

As you know I am an eaton employee and most of your advice is good on here. One thing to remember is Eaton makes blowers for Ford and GM cars and they don't discriminate. The guy who runs the blower plant says to use NYE for lubricant every 70k. He says it can be bought at most GM dealers and to use a turkey baster to remove old fluid or something like that.

MY QUESTION: I want good plug wires preferrably numbered so I know I am routing them the best way of the coil pack. I hired a mechanic after coming back from Iraq hurt to change mine. He put a motorcraft 5595 8mm plug that does not snap on my coil pack. When my car ran like ~~~~ I found two not snapped and now want to change to ones that will stay on that coil pack.

Accell, Taylor, Ford has pretty much discontinued lot's of stuff cuz they aren't making money of the rare supercoupes they don't make anymore. We are all die hard and don't let anyone touch our cars. YES! I have one more Q that I will post. Thanks guys for all the posts. Any Eaton products just ask me. I am not a rep but I get whatever empoyees do.

Linc

I know

I got half an answer. I wanted a set that were numbered and specifically made for the SC not generic ones that "work". I just didn't get the answer I was looking for. I will try the Taylor ones. No fit issues at the pack?

None are numbered. Taylor makes them still and you can get them at summit. You may also find the magnacor wires and accell extreme still around (my favorite) none of them are numbered but you can get the little clip on numbers.

Now what I have done in the past is bought a universal SBF Ford motorsport set. They have the proper plug boots. I'd then use the coil pack ends from my stock wires and use them on the universal set after I cut to proper lenght. With this you get numbered wires with a fit better than any aftermarket sets Ive run into. Chances are your coul adapters are fine but teh wires are shot as they are what goes bad. Many here but the 4.6 set and use them minus two wires but to me teh SBF set is the way to go. And it looks great. CUrrently Im running taylore but may whip myself up a batch of FMS wires as they just look like they belong

And no...Eaton treated our m90's better than that of GM....As we were given a full synthetic fluid for our blowers whereas GM didnt. That being said I use military spec turbne fluid in my m90's :O)

You may have already gotten all of the above info but this is what your stuck with

correct, unless you can find a set of NOS ford genunine parts none will have the numbers on them. So.... dont pull all them off at once and sit and try to figure it out later.

i used splitfire (got them for a good deal) and they have the correct coil ends and correct plug boots. some were a bit too long but nothing some creative routing couldnt solve.

making your own wires is not that hard but do yourself a favor and get the crimp tools from MSD. that will make the crimping part very easy.

you can get wire from any manufacturer. MSD, accell, taylor, what ever you want and just crimp the ends on.

hope that helps

I used Autozone's lifetime warrantied brand. They are as good as OEM and have the retainer clips on the coil pack. I've never had a problem with Azone plug cables, although I trade them out every 100,000 miles or so. :D They are not numbered, however a silver colored sharpie fixes that. I advise you use a fair amount of plug boot grease as it helps to get it seated. If you ever have a misfire.. or stumbling under boost... reattach the cables at the plugs and be sure that they click into position. :cool:

None are numbered. Taylor makes them still and you can get them at summit. You may also find the magnacor wires and accell extreme still around (my favorite) none of them are numbered but you can get the little clip on numbers.

Now what I have done in the past is bought a universal SBF Ford motorsport set. They have the proper plug boots. I'd then use the coil pack ends from my stock wires and use them on the universal set after I cut to proper lenght. With this you get numbered wires with a fit better than any aftermarket sets Ive run into. Chances are your coul adapters are fine but teh wires are shot as they are what goes bad. Many here but the 4.6 set and use them minus two wires but to me teh SBF set is the way to go. And it looks great. CUrrently Im running taylore but may whip myself up a batch of FMS wires as they just look like they belong

And no...Eaton treated our m90's better than that of GM....As we were given a full synthetic fluid for our blowers whereas GM didnt. That being said I use military spec turbne fluid in my m90's :O)

You may have already gotten all of the above info but this is what your stuck with

you use mil 7808?? Eaton's SC production manager says to run nye

Accel Ignition lists our Thunderbird with supercharger in the extreem 9000 wire set.

part number is

Back