HIGH Idle

artismarcell

I have a question. I had bought an engine from the death yard and placed it in my T-bird. It is the supercharged version of course. My car runs extremely well, however, the idle is very high. When i start the car it revs up to to 3000 rpms and holds for about 5 seconds. Then it goes down to 2000 rpm and stays there. When I put it in gear, its an automatic, it goes down to 1000 rpm. As soon as I put it back in neutral or Park, it goes back up to 3000 rpm and holds again for about 5 seconds and goes back down to 2000. I know these cars usually idle at about 600-800 rpms. All sensors in the car have been replaced. I did recently replace the throttle position sensor and the air idle bypass valve and I thought that would work, but it didn't. I don't hear any vacuum leaks either. I was however wondering if I put one of the vacuum hoses on wrong or something and if I did could that effect it? It is very frustrating because I can't run the car for a long time at idle because it is so high. Any suggestions what to check? I'm completely out. Also note, the car doesn't have any lack of power at all. It doesn't knock, ping,

Where did you get the IAC valve from? If the answer is not Ford then go down to Ford and get one. The auto parts store IAC valves do not work on our cars.

I also have this same problem

so to clarify things I have to change My IAC valve...right????

and is this the part number for this particular part????

E9SZ 9F715 EA, Motorcraft CX-1826

please reply ASAP ( I neeed to fix my bird quick)
]

Thanx in advance

Hoping this works.

Yes I got the IAC valve from an auto parts store. I will try the Ford Motor Company here to get this. I tried several different ones and the same results. I figured it was something else. Thank you for the information on this. I will post the results to you later.

Back