PDA

View Full Version : MN12 Track Results MD 10/16

1MTNCAT
10-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Had a NVMC test and tune at MD yesterday.

Couple of out MAMN12 boys showed up to put some smack on the good ol Mustang boys. :)

Conditions were pretty good, especially for Mason Dixon. Couple of folks ran new bests. Unfortunately Chris Vining wasn't able to make it up to try and run that 10 yesterday.

HOWEVER, EECDOC was here with the Red car and the lil 4.6L 281 Allen Set up went a 10.47 @ 132.6 for a best on the day. Had the mustangs heads spinning. Had traction been a bit better it would have run more. :eek: ;)

Jeff in his stock shortblock, headed and cammed NA 281 V8 motor went a 12.9 @ 103+ for a new best, and Driller after figuring out a few issues on his Lincoln went a best of 13.36 @ 102+ NA on that 4V.

Joker, another of our group went a 12.33 @ 111+ with his 5.0 stick Cougar before grenading the rear DS halfshaft.

All in all a good day here in the east from the Mid- Atlantic group.

David Neibert
10-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow !! Glad to hear Mike Siska is still running strong. Is Mike still using the beefed up IRS or did he switch to a solid rear axle ? What size twin screw does he have on the Allen race kit ?

David

EECDOC
10-17-2010, 06:38 PM
David, I'm still kickin. Just have very little time to play lately. This was only the third time I've had the car out this year. I never ran the car last year.

I'm still beating on the IRS rear suspension. The blower is a stock 2.3L Whipple.

Mike.......

racecougar
10-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Glad to hear you're still around, Mike. Congrats on that E.T. Is that a new best for your car?

DLF
10-17-2010, 07:40 PM
David, I'm still kickin. Just have very little time to play lately. This was only the third time I've had the car out this year. I never ran the car last year.

I'm still beating on the IRS rear suspension. The blower is a stock 2.3L Whipple.

Mike.......

Any change in your 60' times?

BLOWN38
10-17-2010, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=1MTNCAT;911354]Unfortunately Chris Vining wasn't able to make it up to try and run that 10 yesterday.QUOTE]

I didn't make it to Mason Dixon, but I did go to MIR and run a 10.15 at 132.....:D

BLOWN38
10-17-2010, 11:34 PM
in a marauder!:cool:

David Neibert
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM

Mike.......

Mike,

We really missed you at the Shootout. BTW, I'm still interested in that IRS if you make the switch to a solid axle.

David

1MTNCAT
10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Any change in your 60' times?

I won't speak for Mike on behalf of the 60's there cause he knows what his bests are at MD and as always Traction is Marginal at best there.

But I immediately noticed how Drillers and his car launches after some changes this spring and those changes have definately helped both cars.

As for Mike to get his on a better track than MD to see what it can really do on a well prepped track is probably his next move.

I can certainly see very low 10's and 1.4 60's coming in the right conditions.

Thats awesome with a 3900 lb car and his mods. :D

DLF
10-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I won't speak for Mike on behalf of the 60's there cause he knows what his bests are at MD and as always Traction is Marginal at best there.

But I immediately noticed how Drillers and his car launches after some changes this spring and those changes have definately helped both cars.

As for Mike to get his on a better track than MD to see what it can really do on a well prepped track is probably his next move.

I can certainly see very low 10's and 1.4 60's coming in the right conditions.

Thats awesome with a 3900 lb car and his mods. :D

Good to hear! Both Mike and JP (Driller) have my Delrin Bushing Kits installed, so I was just wondering if their improvements were quantifiable.