Put in new 7968 oil seal in SC, SC still leaking!!

phils89sc

I just recently installed a new oil seal in my 89SC's M90 as the original was VERY shot. I felt under the SC pulley tonight and the thing is still leaking. WTH? There didn't seem to be any scarring on the pulley shaft and the seal when on with no problems. I reinstalled the retaining clip and everything. I just don't get it I guess.

Did you install it with the lip facing the inside of the snout?

If I put it in the wrong way, I guess I will be on my way to get another one from you E. I put the flat part of the seal facing out (the side with the spring around the lip facing in towards the bearing). If I installed it wrong, I will feel like a total idiot! BTW, did you get my PM on the engine cost?

Sounds like you installed in the right orientation but damaged it on installation. Put some oil on the seal edges and shaft, then take a large socket gently tapping the seal down in place evenly.

If the seal got crooked any time during the install, it could have caused your problem....

PM sent....

right fluid

I work for Eaton. Production manager that builds M90's and all Eatons says use NYE. It is a synth lube but is just called this. Universally used on ALL production Eaton Blowers. This MIL 7808 is made for F-16's (which I used to crew for 12 years), and was told to never think this wouldn't damage my auto. Or you guys use synthetic motor oil. Eaton's blower super has been doing this for 20 years and all your blowers came with it originally.NYE. Call the plant. I can give you the plants number and floor manager's name. I only hope to help. You guys help me all the time.

Linc

I work for Eaton. Production manager that builds M90's and all Eatons says use NYE. It is a synth lube but is just called this. Universally used on ALL production Eaton Blowers. This MIL 7808 is made for F-16's (which I used to crew for 12 years), and was told to never think this wouldn't damage my auto. Or you guys use synthetic motor oil. Eaton's blower super has been doing this for 20 years and all your blowers came with it originally.NYE. Call the plant. I can give you the plants number and floor manager's name. I only hope to help. You guys help me all the time.

Linc

NYE is a synthetic oil company, not a specific oil. Can you get more specific details on this oil?

Back