95 to 92 SC engine swap; Please help

Goldeneagle

I have looked using the "search tool" in here, I have looked using google to get information in the SCCoA , and I "CAN" find tech info on the differences but, I still can't find the step by step procedure to put a 95 SC engine into a 92 SC. And just so I don't get a blizzard of "why do ya want do that", I can put my hands on a new, from ford, in the crate, 95 SC engine but I have a 92 SC. Can some one please point me in the right direction. I have read enough to know that someone named Duffy is the man, when it comes to these things and I have read some of his postings on the differences but, I still can't find what I need. Can anyone help me out please?

Just swap the harmonic balancers and the crank sensor from your 92 onto the 95 crate motor. Is this just a longblock or a fully dressed engine?

Ok then you will have to do a few vacuum hose reroutes, nothing super complicated. To change the crank sensor you may have to change the timing cover depending if it has the mount for the early type sensor. You may need a chip since the injectors for the 95 motor are larger and the increased boost from the better blower, or simply get a C&L MAF with the correct sampling tube.

Ok, what if I swap the intake and all the top to the 89 -93 styl keeping the 95 blower and injecters, or can I even do that? Also what about putting in the 89-93 styl cam in? I understand the 89-93 cam has better performace. Just a question.:)

The 95 cover should have the mounts to put the early style sensor on it. I would keep the 95 blower and injectors and get a tune for it. Your going to put the better blower on at some point, might as well do it now.

The intake that goes to the back of the blower is matched to the blower, oval vs rectangle. I read the 89 5 speed cam is the most aggressive, but if your going to change that might as well get real performer cam from the guy you get your tune from (two birds there...).

Justin

as for the "tune" it wouldn't be any more than scaling load and taking out a couple degrees at high boost as well as putting the new maf and injector values in there and nulling the airflow clip

im sure some one here would be willing to do it for you for a few bucks, if not give me a buzz on the mobile and i'll shoot you a chip $100

five oh four six oh six oh five three two

BUT, your best bet would be to just take the ecu out the 95 and the engine harness use the newer ecu with the edis

as for the "tune" it wouldn't be any more than scaling load and taking out a couple degrees at high boost as well as putting the new maf and injector values in there and nulling the airflow clip

im sure some one here would be willing to do it for you for a few bucks, if not give me a buzz on the mobile and i'll shoot you a chip $100

BUT, your best bet would be to just take the ecu out the 95 and the engine harness use the newer ecu with the edis

I do not have the ecu, just the engine. That is my problem with the swap. All the cross over that has to be done. I have a mechanic that is willing to do the work, but has never had to do this kind of thing, but is willing to learn, and wants to.

No need to change the ECU, a simple add on chip is all you are going to need. There is no cross over to be done, all the plugs and misc. sensors will all plug up without any issue if you just change the harmonic balancer and crank sensor.

No need to change the ECU, a simple add on chip is all you are going to need. There is no cross over to be done, all the plugs and misc. sensors will all plug up without any issue if you just change the harmonic balancer and crank sensor.

Ok, well thats good to know. Can ya tell me how hard it will be to get the vacume lines fig out?

Its not that bad as your pulling the old engine out just mark where they go to and if they just see vac or vac/boost. They when you put the 95 engine in just look at how they need installed, you may have to add a T fitting and some extra hose.

Its not that bad as your pulling the old engine out just mark where they go to and if they just see vac or vac/boost. They when you put the 95 engine in just look at how they need installed, you may have to add a T fitting and some extra hose.

Well that sounds easy enough.

Thanks for that little piece of info.
I'm sure I will be back looking for more.
I hope it flows as easy as this did.:)

does anyone have the pin out for the 95 sc??

it may be as easy as keeping the 95 stuff on there and slapping a chip in it

Not being smart, not as dumd as I am

Can someone tell me if I should use a special oil in this new block to break it in? I have only broke in engines that I have built myself, not one that came factory. That might sound pretty dumb but if you have never done it, then you don't know and with the money I'm putting in this SC, I want to do it right.

Thanks

Back