PDA

View Full Version : A pillar temp gauge routing...help!

jthor74
10-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Hello everyone,
I have a '90 SC 35th aniv. edition and am trying to install a water temp gauge in my "A" pillar gauge pod. For the life of me, I cannot find a place to route the probe through the fire wall. It's a 5-speed manual, by the way. Does the '90 not have auxilary holes already in the fire wall somewhere? Without having to rip out the carpet and sound deadening material, does anyone know exactly where an aux hole is located? Do I have to drill a new hole? If so, does anyone know exactly where I need to drill the hole? One thing I'm not going to do is just go to town with my hole saw and hope for the best. Please help....Thank you so very much and take care.

John

rzimmerl
10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Drill a hole based on the size of wire from the inside near the pedals out to the area underneath the master cylinder. Insert a rubber grommet and run your wires thru.

91BLOWNBIRD
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
try pulling up the carpet...i think there are some gromets already there but might not suit you and the temp probe

jthor74
10-19-2010, 06:11 PM
That's exactly what I want to do but my concern is drilling into something on the engine side of the firewall that shouldn't be drilled in to. I see your SC is an AOD but mine is a 5-speed. I know you can drill a hole where the clutch pedal would normaly mount but because I have a clutch pedal, I'm hesitant as to EXACTLY where I should drill this new hole. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your initial response. Please continue to assist....

John