ABS switched to regular vacuum brakes

wterry

My 1990 SC had the antilock brake system that of course was bad after the care setup for 4 plus years anyway the original owner that I purchased it from had pulled off the ABS unit and put on the vacuum booster and mc on it.
Every time I apply the brakes without slowly applying pressure to the brake pedal the car wants to pull to the right and my first thought was a sticking caliper, all four are fine and release great, Does anyone have any ideas why this would be because I was thinking that maybe the proportion valve maybe the culprit, I hope that this was a swap that could have been done with the 4 wheel disc system? I sure could use some suggestions on this and BTW this is my first SC so not allot of experience with these cars but I do like the lines and the ride but the stopping is a different story.

Not sure if this will apply but sitting for 4 yrs who knows.

On moderate to heavy braking mine would want to dart to the left.

Thought calipers same as you.

Turned out it was a seized ball joint.

Paul

Thanks, I appreciate the feed back and I haven't done much on forums but I did finally learn to look back at other threads that pretty much covered my questions as well so I am sorry fellas because I am sure that you guy's that are on here all the time were going " dude wake up and read other threads".

Back