Rt turn signal flashes fast and no rear turn signal but light.

EatonEmployee

I have changed the multifunction switch & pigtail that were cooked. My car does have auto-dim and fog lights. It's a 93 AOD. Now after about 3 months my rt, turn signal is all fast and I have no rt rear turn signal or brake light and the rt signal is all fast. Any suggestions? Bad multi switch again? Hazards work? I am about to stop using my fog lights at all because the problem it seems to create.

FYI, I try and post far more help/input than I ask. I was an F-16 mech and have worked on 93 Fords for years. I get them.

Link.

Sound like you just need to replace the bulbs that are not blinking. The fast blinking is a built in signal to let you know that a bulb is out.

I would agree to simply check the bulb first. However, it is also possible that the flasher unit can go out over time. But DEFINITELY check the bulbs first.

Thanks!

I did it just because problems are usually much easier than they appear. I had an extra bulb around and it fixed it! lol. You guys really know your stuff. Soooo did not want to break anymore tabs on my multifunction switch.

I also put 2 new bulbs in my cyclops. Man they get hot. The previous owner pulled them and I noticed that the plugs looked a little burnt. I tapped on the brakes a few times to ops check and it made them hot to touch. I need to mount a fire extinguisher on the passenger floor!

I did it just because problems are usually much easier than they appear. I had an extra bulb around and it fixed it! lol. You guys really know your stuff. Soooo did not want to break anymore tabs on my multifunction switch.

I also put 2 new bulbs in my cyclops. Man they get hot. The previous owner pulled them and I noticed that the plugs looked a little burnt. I tapped on the brakes a few times to ops check and it made them hot to touch. I need to mount a fire extinguisher on the passenger floor!

Are you talking about the high-mounted brake light? If so, there was a known issue where Ford put nice, bright 921 bulbs in there ... that melted the sockets and housings! You can just swap in 912 bulbs, which are not as bright, but still adequate. Of course, since that light helps you not get rear-ended, you undertake changes at your own risk.

You might also be able to find an LED equivalent for those bulbs, which should run a good bit cooler.

Back