manual Tran fluid capacity/ bleeding rear brakes

shawpdx1

I put in 3 quarts of the MTF guessing this is enough, also went to blled raer brakes and drivers side has no fluid coming out. e brake works I forgot how to bleed these I know there is something different on bleeding these any help would be helpful

If you have the Teves II system, you turn the key on to activate the ABS pump, have somone hit the brake pedal (or piece of wood pushing from the seat to the pedal) to actuate the pump, then crack the bleeders on the rears.

good thanks for bleeding info Guessing I'm good w/ 3 quarts in manual trans don't want to spend another 18 bucks!!

good thanks for bleeding info Guessing I'm good w/ 3 quarts in manual trans don't want to spend another 18 bucks!!

Fill the transmission until the fluid begins to drain back out of the fill hole (keep the car level when doing this).

I might be mistaken, but I think I remember mine taking about 3 1/4 quarts, plus the bottle of friction modifier. I don't think I spilled any. :eek:

Like Doug said though...fill it till it's full.

I use the high mileage Valvoline ATF in mine now. It has the friction modifier in it. Use Ford friction modifier otherwise. I believe the official capacity is 3.1 qts but do indeed fill it till it runs out the filler hole.

I put that MTF in 3 quarts filled from top, so did not waste any, Yeah I'll crack the top nut see if I have over flow age on trans ..........Going to buy 1 more quart only 19 bucks ................... better safe then sorry after all this.
Thanks guys should be on its feet tonight. have to go mellow for 500 miles to break that center force in wonder if I should do a lot of stop and go for break in

They recommend stop and go heavy traffic driving. I drove mine to work and back with lots of stop signs and traffic lights for 2 weeks to break it in. Mine had a little groan to it during the break in. My previous CF DF's didn't do that. Now that it's broken in it's hardly noticeable and is almost gone. Let me know if yours does that.

Back