Accent Color Code for 90/35th ground effects

macstbirds

There is no 'Accent Color Code' on the white label inside the door jamb of my 35th Anni Bird. I cannot find any reference to the correct color or color code, for the ground effects, no matter where I've looked. There are 3 possible 'Titanium Silver' codes for 1990. Anyone out there got any idea which one it is ???

Yes you're right, its "Light Titanium". Its exactly the same color as the Light Titanium cars. The Ford code is "YF". I was able to find some spray touch-up here in Canada that is very close, I say close because the original is a base plus a clear coat on top and the touch-up has the clear mixed in with it. I hope you never need more of the blue pin-stripe because you'll never find a perfect match for it, I've tried for years with no success. Good luck.

Hi, macstbirds.

At this point I can only tell you that YF seems to be the agreed upon code from a few people I have talked to over the years. I intend to acquire a paint chip chart for 90 and verify that. Sorry but that's all I can tell you right now.

My best to you.

Hi, VancouverBC.

Indeed the pin stripe is a problem. I acquired two original kits and have compared it to a whole slew of pinstripe colors. The closest has been the plain blue so far. The original kit has a different texture and reflective properties. I am in the process of having a set of the end pieces cut to match the kit in the near future. They will be out of the same color blue that I have found to match the kit the closest. It's all I seem to be able to do so far. If anyone is interested about the end pieces, email me and I'll let you know my progress. It will probably be around November when I get to it.

My best to all.

Last edited:
Also there is this. I apologize, I forgot about this too. Quite a while ago, I bought the GFX from a titanium silver SC for spare parts and they match the silver on my 35th. I just got off the phone with my Ford parts connection and there isn't any particular reference they could find for the paint scheme on the 35th's. So I would say up to now that YF is what you are needing. Just my .02. :)

My best to all.

Well Duh. The little things will get you. I just got an email about this and went to look. On my 35th's data sticker on the door jamb there are 2 color codes, YC for black and YF for titanium. My apologies because I just didn't pick up on this at all. My thanks to kamakazie for bringing this up. All you 35th owners out there, please look at your data stickers. IF this is standard, I'll change the website to reflect this. I really feel stupid.

Have a great week all.

Accent Code for 90/35th

Thanks for all the input guys. Lance......thanks for the 'YF' code from your sticker. I have no idea why mine does not have the 'Accent Code' on it.......it just doesn't.

The reason I needed the correct code, is that I need some touchup paint for the inside of my rear wheel-wells. The store listed below, will custom mix the paint in just 'base' coat, and put it in 16oz spray cans. Then I can spray a clear coat on it, and it will be as close to the original color, as I can get. 'Bob' is the name of the guy I've been working with at LevineAuto.

http://store.yahoo.com/levineauto/spraycanofto.html

Thanks again !!!
Mac

Hi, Mac.

Your welcome although I wasn't much help. VancouverBC hit it. But this has brought up the subject of the YF being on the sticker. I looked at another 35th here in town and it doesn't have it while mine does. From 35th's I have seen in the past, it never came up so I never looked for it nor did I expect it to be on my car's sticker. Mine is an early car with a serial number in the 150's. This other one here in town is in the 160's. Ford may have quit putting that YF on the sticker sometime through the run. This will be interesting to investigate. Anyone who has a 35th and wants to help me out with this, I welcome your email at webmaster@35ththunderbirdregistry.org . Maybe we can find out when a change was made on the data sticker at the factory.

have a great week all.

Back