fuel sender resistance

anthrax

what is the resistance for the stock fuel level sender for full and empty? i want to make sure my sender is good

thanks my sender is bad then. i just checked the resistsnce and its 13.1. so i wonder if i measure the resistance at empty and add a resistor to bump it up to the correct empty resistance for a quick fix. and then take a resistor for full to calibrate the gauge.

Wouldn't work like that. It is a grid of sorts with an arm that slides up and down. The more pieces of grid it goes across the more resistance there is.

Wouldn't work like that. It is a grid of sorts with an arm that slides up and down. The more pieces of grid it goes across the more resistance there is.

so i dont see why i cant put a resistor(like 5 ohms or whatever it takes to move my resistance of the sender up to 15ohms) on the yellow wire between the sender and the gauge. i know a bit of electrical work. the resister put in series would just add resistance to the circuit to get it to the stock range

You could add a resistor to the yellow wire to up the resistance of the whole range, but you couldn't add a resistor for full also.

What exactly is wrong with your gauge?

You could add a resistor to the yellow wire to up the resistance of the whole range, but you couldn't add a resistor for full also.

What exactly is wrong with your gauge?

YES thats what im taking about. i dont want to add a resistor for full. i just need somthhing to bump the range up. but what i was saying instead of using a full tank to calibrate the gauge ill just take a 160ohm resistor to calibrate the gauge.
i never know how much gas is in the car. ive been driving for the past 2 days with the low fuel light and check gauge light on. >.< ive ran out of gas one too many times and it sucks.

ok so im about 13ohms at empty and i put 13 gal in and i got 47.2ohms. so i did a little math and its about 70ohms full. so the thing is done but imma calibrate my gauge anyway to 70ohms full to read correctly.

Back