Omfg Car Went Boom!

phycobob

I think this is the end for my baby....driving last night and it starts to shudder a little bit. Come up to a light, and it dies. Start her back up, shuddering still...find a place to pull over and she dies again. This time, she wont crank over. Lift the hood, notice that the lower radiator hose had come off. Uh-oh. Put it back on and screwed the clamp tight. Put some more anti-freeze in and waited a while. Still wouldnt crank. Went home with a friend and tried starting her this morning. I actually got it to turn over, except there is a horrible slapping sound while running and no oil pressure. Took the oil cap off and saw the steam from the cooked oil. No water mixed in, but no oil pressure and a loud slapping sound. My guess is the rings. She has 167k miles and the bottom end had never been rebuilt, just the heads. Luckly because I hit that deer I now have my loan paid off to the bank. But in the same token, I will have to have my engine rebuilt for a car that has already been through hell and has the squished front end to prove it. I dont know what Im going to do. I am so screwed.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jonathan Amann

shew.. man sounds like you spun a bearing or a rod is knocking.. time for a new motor.. pray you didnt crack the block you might beable to get it rebuilt..

sorry if thats not the news you want to hear.. but i kinda give it str8..

Jesse

There was absolutley no oil pressure, or just very little? Do you think there is any possibility that the noise could have been from a starved vavle train? If nothing else, you may be able to find a motor for cheap..

well I checked the dipstick, and it showed it was a quart low. And the oil pressure gauge didnt move at all. Normally the needle used to sit right in the middle of the gauge. I do have to say this though, when I let off the gas, she actually idled...but I only did that for about 20sec or so before I just shut her down. I thought maybe she was so hot from the night before that the pistons seized, and now she just needed to warm up and have oil bathe everything again, but like I said, no oil pressure. I hate to say it, but I may be forced to drive a pos $500 honda indefinately. :(

Back