swaping to a 95 blower onto a 92

shawpdx1

once I get this other stuff done and get through DEQ Im going to swap out blowers I have the blower MAF Throttle body and the bigger injectors. will I need a chip? or a tune? and I read I think if I use my 92 pully of the Blower it would be like a 2% underdrive?

Might be a dumb question but...

Do you have the 94/95 plenum between the TB and the blower?

You can swap it all on, don't use the 94 MAF, use your 92 MAF sensor and puchase a C&L MAF with the correct sampling tube for the 94 36lb. injectors. It will run ok with the injectors and C&L MAF but a chip/tune would help it out quite a bit.

Yes you will tell the differnece. I would put the 92 pulley on and see what the boost is, and decide to switch later if you want more boost.

If you still have stock exhaust don't go any bigger than that pulley.

To answer your question I would say that you should feel a slight difference.

Really so its a waste of time swapping them?

NO, It is NOT a waste of time!

They are saying, you WILL feel a difference, with the STOCK exhaust you are not going to feel the difference you would if you open up the exhaust.

Do all the stuff you have planned! You will see/feel a difference! THEN when you do the exhaust... HOLD ON, as you will definately see/feel the difference!

IF you have read anything on this site you will know that the FIRST thing to upgrade is the exhaust! The STOCK stuff is even too much for the STOCK exhaust. You will see the difference on the boost guage when you change the exhaust. The CHEAPEST, QUICKEST, EASIEST and MOST bang for the buck is changing the stock resonator. The output side of the stock resonator has a BAD CHOKE POINT!

Back