reluctor ring i think i put it on wrong

pmsheko

whats is the right way of putting a reluctor ring on the back of the balancer ...car ran before i took it off...and i put it back on and the car has no spark now ..is there a wrong way of put this on ...i noticed a space it the misddle of the ring ..ill post pics mike

Attachments

• BALANCER.jpg
    BALANCER.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
whats is the right way of putting a reluctor ring on the back of the balancer ...car ran before i took it off...and i put it back on and the car has no spark now ..is there a wrong way of put this on ...i noticed a space it the misddle of the ring ..ill post pics mike

i wouldnt think you would have no spark if it was on wrong.. unless its just completely missing the crank sensor

it would act like its out of time.

Last edited:
thats the only thing i changed when i put it back together i was thinking the teeth on the regulator has to match up to the crank sensor when it rotates im stumped lol

the bolt holes are supposed to be offset so that it will only go on one way. hopefully someone that has had a 94/95 unit apart can comment.

yaeh =( ireally dont wanna put it together an have to take it off again if it isnt right ..i hope someone will comment soon =) ty for the post

From looking at your picture, the upper left bolt hole is out of alignment.....

Rotate the ring around the balancer until all four holes line up perfectly....

ty for the pics 92 sclike new and the info from everyone i gathered enought information to try a few things i love you guys ....=)

ty for the pics 92 sclike new and the info from everyone i gathered enought information to try a few things i love you guys ....=)

hope we can have both are cars running for next year.. mine just broke 2-3weeks before parking it. glad it broke before parking it in a way. that way i didnt take it out next year and be broke for the whole summer.:rolleyes:

better now then later ...i switched the regulator ring around like the pic showed and itfired right up i want to thank you for finding that helpful pic =)....

Back