PDA

View Full Version : Problems need help please

oppie
10-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Ok after 8 monthe of no tranny or nething else hooked up I finally got my 94 sc back together and now it runs like crap the gas oil and speed o donet work I put a new fuel pump in and hasn't worked sence I'm not sure if I have the vaccum line all right I'm pretty sure I do it runs pretty smooth but all the other stuff is all haywire what do I've checked all my conections traced all the wires everything is good oo yeah and the fuse for the fan melted in the fuse box I put a new fuse in its place fan don't work any ideas thanks everyone

Thomas A
10-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Ok after 8 monthe of no tranny or nething else hooked up I finally got my 94 sc back together and now it runs like crap the gas oil and speed o donet work I put a new fuel pump in and hasn't worked sence I'm not sure if I have the vaccum line all right I'm pretty sure I do it runs pretty smooth but all the other stuff is all haywire what do I've checked all my conections traced all the wires everything is good oo yeah and the fuse for the fan melted in the fuse box I put a new fuse in its place fan don't work any ideas thanks everyone

Translated for the rest of us....

After 8 months of not having a transmission or anything else hooked up, I finally got my 94 SC back together. It now runs poorly. The gas, oil pressure, and speedometer does not work. I installed a new fuel pump, and the gauge has not worked since then.

I'm not sure if I have a the vacuum lines installed correctly. I think they are correct, as it runs pretty smooth but all of the "other stuff" is not working properly. I've checked all my connections, traced all the wires, and everything checks out fine. However, the fuse for the fan melted in the fuse box. I installed a new fuse, but the fan still does not work.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? Thanks.

You clearly have an electric issue going on here if you "melted" a fuse. Just replacing the fuse without finding what caused the issue in the first place is not going to fix anything, and certainly isn't safe. What else was removed from the car while the transmission was out?

Thomas

oppie
10-24-2010, 08:48 AM
The motor and the people that I sold it to took the old one out and put the new one in so I have no clue what they did