This is for Z

mcate

59 Lincoln convertible. Thought of Z as soon as I saw it!

Attachments

• DSC_0460.jpg
    DSC_0460.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0461.jpg
    DSC_0461.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 60
59 Lincoln convertible. Thought of Z as soon as I saw it!

...and your reason for thinking of me is?:rolleyes:.........'cause it's almost ...but not quite as old as me,right......well,just kiss my wrist:D
....isn't it about time that you moved back here to beautiful "ole Virginny?"You know that you miss all of us.....
z

You know, if our daughter & son-in-law hadn't just built a house here we might just do that.

Whenever I see an old Lincoln I think of you because I know you had Caddy's & Lincolns. This '59 was nice. I don't think I've ever seen one before.

By the way, got rid of the Mach. Traded it for this leftover 2010 GT when the rebates jumped to $5000 a couple of weeks ago. Automatic, glass roof, rear video camera. I didn't want an '11 5.0 because it's Deb's car, & I'll be damned if hers is gonna be faster than mine! $5000 rebate, $2500 X-plan, & $500 college student discount. $8k off sticker.

Attachments

• DSC_0399.JPG
    DSC_0399.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0393.JPG
    DSC_0393.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0403.JPG
    DSC_0403.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 56
By the way, got rid of the Mach. Traded it for this leftover 2010 GT when the rebates jumped to $5000 a couple of weeks ago. Automatic, glass roof, rear video camera. I didn't want an '11 5.0 because it's Deb's car, & I'll be damned if hers is gonna be faster than mine! $5000 rebate, $2500 X-plan, & $500 college student discount. $8k off sticker.

...so,why didn't you give Deb your car and get yourself a 5.0?They do come in black you know :D..................or is your car that fast?
z

There was an 2009 GT500 gunmetal gray with lots of add-ons and 730rwhp forsale a few weeks ago. Garage kept and immaculate 2300 miles on it. With the Shelby 20's on it with 200 miles on them. 29,500 he wanted for it. It took everything I had not to go buy it....If I hadnt just bought a new truck I likely would have. Said he needed money for a new home purchase. And his wife told him its him or the car.....I will have a GT500.....oh, its true...

...so,why didn't you give Deb your car and get yourself a 5.0?They do come in black you know :D..................or is your car that fast?
z

No, it's not that fast. But I just REALLY like my car. When I bought it I liked it, but I've really gotten to love it. It really grew on me. It's just so damn fun to drive. I like the 05-09's better overall than the newer ones. And Deb couldn't drive my car because it's a 5 spd.

I'm sure he will trade it for a 5.0 Z......

That 5.0 engine is real tempting, but like I said, I like the 05-09's better. Once I get my u/d pulleys installed, off-road mid-pipes, & Brenspeed cams I'll be close to 400hp at the flywheel. That's fast enough for me.

You guys know what's sad? At the show yesterday I was looking at that black SC, talking to my brother-in-law about SC's. The owner walked up & said "Sounds like you know about these cars?" I told him the whole story about my SC's, & we probably talked for a half hour. He seemed surprised that someone actually knew what it was. He asked me why I got rid of mine, & I told him I just got bored with it. Then I asked him how many people there looked at his car & talked to him about it, & he said pretty much just me. I take my black Mustang to a show & people slobber all over it. I'll never understand that.

Once I get my u/d pulleys installed, off-road mid-pipes, & Brenspeed cams I'll be close to 400hp at the flywheel.

You guys know what's sad? At the show yesterday I was looking at that black SC, talking to my brother-in-law about SC's. The owner walked up & said "Sounds like you know about these cars?" I told him the whole story about my SC's, & we probably talked for a half hour. He seemed surprised that someone actually knew what it was. He asked me why I got rid of mine, & I told him I just got bored with it. Then I asked him how many people there looked at his car & talked to him about it, & he said pretty much just me. I take my black Mustang to a show & people slobber all over it. I'll never understand that.

I figure with the 100 shot my V-6 has about 594 hp at the flywheel, using a 23% drivetrain loss formula.

Nothing ever changes at the car get togethers, nobody knows about Supercoupes. I rode out to Jenros late yesterday and it just so happened that Todd was out there with his Mustang and his wifes T-Bird. No other Birds in sight but the usual dime a dozen Mustangs, too many of them damn things on the road for me.........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I figure with the 100 shot my V-6 has about 594 hp at the flywheel, using a 23% drivetrain loss formula.

Nothing ever changes at the car get togethers, nobody knows about Supercoupes. I rode out to Jenros late yesterday and it just so happened that Todd was out there with his Mustang and his wifes T-Bird. No other Birds in sight but the usual dime a dozen Mustangs, too many of them damn things on the road for me.........:rolleyes:

Mustangs.....you either love them or you dont. I always have. I know they are everywhere. I actually like that about them. They are the original pony car and that is how it should be IMHO. I will have another one....hell probably more than one. But none of us will ever keep up with Mike. He keeps Ford out of goverment ownership....
On a side note....I cleaned the SC real good. Did some work to it. Went and got the long overdue inspection done(Read-Never Drive it) and man what a great car it is...Im glad no one bought it. Its not hurting anything sitting around here. People are amazed that its 22 years old....myself included. These things were very ahead of their time. But we all know that....

Imagine if the SC came out today with today's technology. The DOHC 3.7 in the new Mustang is 305 hp, & with a blower it'd probably be 400-450 or so. What a great car it'd be......
I miss my SC, but I'm happy with changing over to Mustangs. They're both Fords, & to me that's what's important. I'm a lot more of a car show guy than a drag racer. I'll never have the fastest Mustang because I don't really want to, & I don't have the resources anyway. But I usually have the shiniest one!

I'm a lot more of a car show guy than a drag racer.

I am the complete opposite! I have taken my Mustang to a couple car shows. I'm not sure my idea of fun is walking around the car all day, with a bottle of detailing spray, microfiber towel and feather duster. I prefer the smell of race fuel, burning rubber and rear quarter panels covered the tire remnants. I would rather drag race then have my car in a car show.

I am the complete opposite! I have taken my Mustang to a couple car shows. I'm not sure my idea of fun is walking around the car all day, with a bottle of detailing spray, microfiber towel and feather duster. I prefer the smell of race fuel, burning rubber and rear quarter panels covered the tire remnants. I would rather drag race then have my car in a car show.

I am that way with anything. There is a time and place for cleaning and admiring something. Especially cars. I'd just rather melt the F-ing tires off it though. Maybe I never will completely grow up...

I've always been into shining things. Back in the 70's I had a 1971 Firebird that I used DuPont Rain Dance on. Best wax of its time. (I even polished the dogs & dogging handles on the water tight doors on the ships I was stationed on)
I'm starting to get some detailing business going. I took my car to the local cruise-in a lot this summer, & guys came up to me & asked me how much I'd charge to do their cars. I did 6 cars this summer. A guy is dropping off a 92 Fox body Mustang this evening for me to do. And I'm doing a Grabber Blue 2010 GT500 here before winter. Business is getting good!

I've always been into shining things. Back in the 70's I had a 1971 Firebird that I used DuPont Rain Dance on. Best wax of its time. (I even polished the dogs & dogging handles on the water tight doors on the ships I was stationed on)
I'm starting to get some detailing business going. I took my car to the local cruise-in a lot this summer, & guys came up to me & asked me how much I'd charge to do their cars. I did 6 cars this summer. A guy is dropping off a 92 Fox body Mustang this evening for me to do. And I'm doing a Grabber Blue 2010 GT500 here before winter. Business is getting good!

I bet when you had a can of neverdull on the Quarterdeck mid-watch, you where in Heaven.
I was hoping you where going to make it to Hampton Roads this summer and detail my Mach1.

Oddly enough, I wasn't into shining brass. It tarnished within a day or 2, & had to be redone. Too much work & re-work.

We wanted to come out there for the MCA show in August, but I didn't have enough vacation left. I'll get 2 wks next year.

This 92 Mustang in my driveway is sick. VERY built 351, 450hp at the wheels. There's a kill switch under the dash for the fuel pump & ignition. It's got a mix of Sunoco 93 & 100+ octane racing fuel in it. I had it in the garage & Deb said she smelled gas. We went out to dinner & Michael called & said the smoke detectors in the house went off. I can't find a gas leak anywhere on the car. It's out in the driveway now.

Oddly enough, I wasn't into shining brass. It tarnished within a day or 2, & had to be redone. Too much work & re-work.

We wanted to come out there for the MCA show in August, but I didn't have enough vacation left. I'll get 2 wks next year.

This 92 Mustang in my driveway is sick. VERY built 351, 450hp at the wheels. There's a kill switch under the dash for the fuel pump & ignition. It's got a mix of Sunoco 93 & 100+ octane racing fuel in it. I had it in the garage & Deb said she smelled gas. We went out to dinner & Michael called & said the smoke detectors in the house went off. I can't find a gas leak anywhere on the car. It's out in the driveway now.

Snap a few of that thing Mike!!!

Back