Brakes pedal really firm. Pulls to the right

barberben

Ok guys, here's another weird brake issue.
On my 90 SC, sometimes my brakes work perfectly fine, but sometimes the brake pedal feels way more firm. It's like it engages higher too, and when I stab the brakes it pulls to the right. If I hold down on the pedal, it's like the pressure evens out, and it tracks straight again. Again, it's an intermittent problem, but I seems to be occurring more and more lately. I have replaced the rotors, and pads on all four corners. I also painted my calipers, and wondered if they could possibly be sticking to the pads where they slide in and out. I never opened the system as far as bleeding the brakes or anything, so I don't think there's air in the system. Any ideas where I should start.

Bleed the entire system....

I'll bet the original 20 year old (emerald green) brake fluid is still in the system....

Check the left front rubber brake line, it might be clogged....

mine does that it is my relay for my anti lock breaks its located at the passenger side firewall area, That is if your Anti lock brake light comes on, I have a bunch of back up relays .......Mine is Notorious for it. sometime I can just tap it and it works fine

Last edited:
Back