Outside mirror issue

Drummer

Just put in 2 new outside rear view mirrors. They can adjust up and out but not down and in. I have a couple of extra door switches that adjust the mirrors and swapted out 3. The reason I replaced the rear view mirrors is because I thought it was in the mechanism that moves them around. Nope! Now I have 4 mirrors that will go up and out but not down and in. My god it's time for a Mustang 5.0. This is getting NUTS!!!!!

The mirror switches are prone to that kind of problem....

The junk yards a full of those switches....

Keep trying until you find a good one....

Well it has been a while since I put this up but I have been through 6 (SIX) mirror switches and still have the same problem. I am sure that all 6 of these switches aren't bad. ???????

Well, well I fixed the problem. There is as Lincoln Mark Viii at the Pull-A-Part in Memphis and I took the Mirror switch from it. Not that much of a difference but it worked. The Lincoln Switch isn't black where it plugs into the harness. The switch is the same measured as the Thunderbird but it seems a bit more recessed. Oh well.

Here are 5 of the 7 I tried. 1 is in pieces all over my driveway and has been cleaned up and put in the trash, that was one of my little fits. The other from the Mark VIII is working and working properly in my car. 7 before I got one that worked and it wasn't from a T-Bird. What a nightmare. 2 years have crept by with no freakin relief.

Attachments

• switches.jpg
    switches.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 52
Back