miss w/ tach dropping to zero

Jovez

Went on a 200 mile round trip tour today. Car was doing great, cept for the way back. It would miss really bad and tach would drop to zero for a split second and continue on like nothing happend. Did this once every 10 minutes of driving, finally got back home and died. Car starts right back up. Could this be a problem with the CPS? As ussually anytime the tach drops like that, the problem lies with that. Any input would help.

Sounds like it could be a DIS issue, or maybe a crank / cam sensor. You need to pull the codes to see what it shows.

thats the thing, theres no codes being thrown. Runs perfect, then all of a sudden just bucks and drops.

Tach going to Zero is a dead give a way to the CPS... Try that out it's inexpensive considering, and fixes that right up, I've had several of these like that..

RJ

Tach going to Zero is a dead give a way to the CPS... Try that out it's inexpensive considering, and fixes that right up, I've had several of these like that..

RJ

Yea, what i was thinking. thanks. U know if they sell new? ive replaced it a couple of times now, but always "slightly used".

Back