Car bucks, idle drops or car idles funny?

EatonEmployee

Always crank OR cam sensor?
I would be interested in this. If I have learned one thing about cars certain cars all break the same way or have the same weaknesses.

You said car started running funny after dyno session....Or a little warmer? Check your oil, check for blowby and check your coolant....Just in case...

I had the bucking issue on my '94 and NEVER found out what it was. What everyone suggested is what I started with, but everything checked out. Mine was extremely intermittent so I even tore into the wiring harness suspecting it was shorting.

Car was sadly totaled before I ever got to the bottom of it. I was pretty sure I had fixed it by fixing a few grounds, chafed wires, but who knows. The only reason I say anything...is do like these guys are saying..start with easy stuff first. Don't get frustrated (I know it's hard.) and you'll find it.

-Corey

I will. I'm not frustrated. I will go over the basics. I like to inspect my vehicle once a week anyway. I had to inspect my aircraft 3 times a day. Thus, my POV deserves once a week. I just hope I don't have blower bearings going or a wire resting on the manifold. I was so worried about seating those wires that I didn't pay attention to upper routing cuz I did all but #1 from the bottom.

BTW, doing plugs all from bottom but #1 is a peace of cake. I have girl hands though. I am a bodybuilder so if I can get my forearms in there anyone can. I just have a small frame.

Back