PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Power Tour 2011?

Regul8r
10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Not sure if this is the right Forum for it.
IF not let me know and I'll move it...

I just booked all my rooms for the Power Tour!!

Plan is to run My 72 Ford Gran Torino.
A Torino buddy who lives in Omaha did the run last year and doing it again this year. We are driving from here to Florida a couple days ahead to spend a day on the beach. Then doing the LONG HAUL with the return trip from Detroit! WOW! LONG DRIVE!
IF the Torino is not road worthy when the time comes... I will be doing it in the 90 T-Bird SC.

Anyone else doing all or part of the tour?

Dates and Locations hotel rate nights total beds extra ppl $
Saturday June 4, Cocoa Beach, FL Port Canaveral (2-4 June Thurs-Sat, early arrival),hilton cocoa beach (host)$109x3nights=$327,2 queens,$10/pp,confirmed
Sunday June 5, Valdosta, GA South Georgia Motorsports Park,holiday inn conf center (host)$99,2 queens,$10/pp,confirmed
Monday June 6, Montgomery, AL Montgomery Motorsports Park,springhill suites,$109,king w/sofa,4ppl rate,confirmed
Tuesday June 7, Nashville, TN LP Field,ramada,$179,2 queens,4ppl rate,confirmed
Wednesday June 8, Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Motor Speedway,wyndham,$99,2 queens,4ppl rate,confirmed
Thursday June 9, Muskegon, MI Downtown Muskegon,holiday inn,$161,2 queens,4ppl rate,confirmed
Friday June 10, Detroit, MI Metro Beach Metropark (10-11 Jun, Fri-Sat, Extra night),hampton inn,detroit roseville,$90x2nights=$180,2 queens,4ppl rate,confirmed
Saturday June 11, Detroit, MI Long Haulers Ceremony (Location TBD) 1154 total

Kurt K
10-25-2010, 10:01 AM
This is the right forum to post this.

I definitely want to do this again in the future, but I doubt it will be in 2011. My 3rd child is due in the end of April, so it's too close the the Tour. Plus, as much as I really need an excuse to get back to Florida, I really need to wait until the Tour returns to the Midwest.

Of course, things could change as the event gets closer.

edit: Just checked google, and the round trip for me would be 3222 miles, not counting what will likely be added due to taking the specific Tour route.

rzimmerl
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I may try to pick up at Nashville, or Indy since its pretty close. Would be nice to get a group of SC's cruising along in it.

Regul8r
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
can I put a big SCCoA sticker on the rear window of the Gran Torino?

Then link the SC's and the Gran Torino's together!

Well I might have a full SC rear sub frame underneath the Gran Torino for the tour... Does that qualify it to be part of SCCoA?

Maybe I'll find it cheaper to put an entire powerplant and tranny from a dying SC in the Gran Torino?