rear upper control arms....please help!

1sicbird90

Hey guys just a quick question. Im trying to get the SC on the road and I live in PA so inspection is a must and always a hassle. Im told that my rear upper control arms have play in them and will need replaced. Is it possible to just replace the bushings or do I for sure need to spend 450 a piece for the entire assembly?

Thanks!

Here are the Moog Part Numbers;

MOOG Part # K8562 Rear Suspension; Upper; To Frame

MOOG Part # K8588 Rear Suspension; Upper; To Knuckle

I know you can get them from Rockauto.com.

Super Coupe Performance might also have them.

You can buy the bushings at Autozone. You can either replace the inserts by hand or you can replace the whole bushing with a press. 99% of the time you just need to replace the insert. Cost is about $150 for all 4 bushings.

You can either replace the inserts by hand or you can replace the whole bushing with a press. 99% of the time you just need to replace the insert. Cost is about $150 for all 4 bushings.
How does that work? I had to have the whole bushing pressed out/in for about $25 per side. I must admit though the improvement in the ride was worth it. It got rid of my thrumbing vibration and blurry rear view mirror problem.

Thanks guys....I picked up both sets of bushings from rock auto for about 80 bucks shipped :D, still gotta get the UCA's out and find someone to press them in but its alot better than the 450 a piece for brand new UCA's that the inspec station was trying to sell me on.

Huh.

I managed to do them by using a BFH and a chisel. Oh, and some time.

Press would be better, yes.

RwP

Thanks guys....I picked up both sets of bushings from rock auto for about 80 bucks shipped :D, still gotta get the UCA's out and find someone to press them in but its alot better than the 450 a piece for brand new UCA's that the inspec station was trying to sell me on.

Oh wow ... $450 apiece. Yuk yuk yuk. You know it cost like $20 per side to make those things.

Hahaha, yeah thats what I thought when this service writer was telling me this. He even mentioned that I sell the car. Cant trust anyone these days haha

Hahaha, yeah thats what I thought when this service writer was telling me this. He even mentioned that I sell the car. Cant trust anyone these days haha

That's so ridiculous. "Oh no, two pieces of rubber are worn out! All is lost!!!"

How does that work? I had to have the whole bushing pressed out/in for about $25 per side. I must admit though the improvement in the ride was worth it. It got rid of my thrumbing vibration and blurry rear view mirror problem.

If the rubber isn't damaged (99% of the time), you can just replace the inserts. No special tools required.

Back