180 t stat / bestline lubricant !

anlo

after struggling with the stress of the temp guage hanging around on the wrong side of ..n o r m .. all is well at least in my mind.going against all i have read here decided to throw a 180 t stat in just for kicks and it seems to have worked.
i flushed radiator , replaced water pump , put water wetter in still would climb to the other side and sometimes past norm. thus making check guages light to come on . car probably not actually overheating but just stressed me out causing me to focus on the temp guage more than the road. so far temps are perfect for my tastes never going past the N unless sitting idling and then only getting to the 12 o clock position straight up.. just like the 90 life is good at the moment... but stay tuned im sure the next s/c adventure is lurking around the corner.. ha ha.
on another note i tried out the snake oil engine tratment "bestline" and if it does only a 1/4 of what it claims ill be happy.. so far it has definately quieted down that annoying cold start knocking i would always get sounding like a chevy citation or a volkswagon rabbit diesel running rattling lifters. according to the commercial i could cut my rad. hose off and pull the oil drain plug and pour some liquid glass in the crank case drive across alligator ally and back and engine wont stop running.. i know thats crazy talk but i would spend the $ on duralube or lucas any way.. why not ?
https://www.getbestline.com/flare/next?tag=im|sm|go|tm&a_aid=011&a_bid=00898ff4&chan=G&data1=TM

Wow liquid glass in the crank and it would keep truckin? sweet! I should use bestline in my gas tank and then maybe i can get by driving on used vegetable oil from BK. It does sound pretty cool though and there is probably a whole lotta sludge in my motor to clear out.

But as for cooling, the key to success I think is having a radiator fan that blows well at lower temps. If you can program the fan to blow at 180 or 190 or something then you might run a lot cooler. When I put in a 180 t-sat and a dccontroller it was a night and daydifference in engine heat control :)

Back