Was there a Head Gasket Recall in 93

bkosonen

The 93 im going to buy the owner said that the head gaskets were replaced on the recall, he got the car from the org. owner. On the carfax I see some different services done. Just wondering what all they did for the recall......

Go to this website. It is a really good source of recall information.
http://www.tsbdata.com

I would also call the nearest Ford dealership and give them your VIN number. They can punch that into thier database and see if any recalls were done on the car. Recalls have to be done at a dealership. Now anyone can handle these issues themselves but why when the liability is on Ford. Or this. http://www.ford.com/owner-services/maintaining-vehicle

Last edited:
The onwer notification for extended coverage on head gaskets only applied to 94-95 SC from what I remember.

cheers
Ed N.

Not sure if your looking for a guarantee.

Regardless, its how you drive it and whether exhaust has been addressed.

Car is very reliable the way they were built for the intended purpose.

Paul

A recall for any 93 Thunderbird with OEM fog lamps has a recall for the multifunction switch and the pigtail. The Ford dealer put in my VIN and I have a 93 SC with factory fog lamps and I still have the window sticker that shows it as OEM equip and they would not honor it. A 27,000 dollar car sold in 1994!

The recall wasn't even initiated until 08 and I printed it. Good luck getting them to do squat. Besides, do you really want a Ford dealer touching and driving your car? They break stuff and have no idea about Supercoupes. They only do Standard-coupes not Super-Coupes. It's beyond them. lol!

The car is over the millage, I'm just saying I was told the headgaskets were replaced under the recall

The car is over the millage, I'm just saying I was told the headgaskets were replaced under the recall

Look for evidence that the motor has been apart. Things like exhaust manifold gaskets (OE didn't have any), blue valve cover gaskets (OE was kind of a tan color), etc. It's going to be pretty hard to tell anymore if it was done or not. There wasn't a recall on the 93's, but if an original owner complained enough they might have gotten it done. There was a lot of controversy about the 3.8's (all of them) in the 95-2001 time frame. My sister got hers replaced in her Windstar even though there was no official recall at the time. I think it depends on the dealer and how much the owner complained.

Back