Loss of Power

89_WhiteBirdy

Hey. So I am experiencing an intermitent loss of engine power and the check engine light comes on it seems like a huge vacuum leak when it happens and it is hard to gain any speed. Doesnt seem to matter how i am driving the vehicle it just happens at random times. I will pull the car over and shut it off, and it seems to run fine after it cools down. I scanned it for codes and found the Purse solenoid canister circuit code, did some searching and didnt really think that could be the problem. going to unplug the solenoid and drive it, but does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas on what this could be.

Thanks Josh

Last edited:
Ignition module. ?

Bought my 90 with a stumble and would have to two foot it at stoplights to keep running. Pulled the module out and scraped off original dielectric grease and applied new. It ran great. Just make sure to tighten to spec. I overtightened mine (no torque wrench on me) and it did exactly what you r describing. Let it cool, drove it home and used a torque wrench to tighten and no problems since.

Dis

The gray box that says DIS, it sits above the A/C compressor....Thats what he is talking about.

Tom

Back