rod and main bearings

92sclikenew

where can i find them i glanced on rockauto.com and couldnt find anything.. autozone list N/A at least online.

Contact XR7Dave, I believe he carries them in stock.

i was checking oreillys and i can order them there also along with my other parts

supprised tonight when i started to pull the motor part.

the crank is so far looking untouched and the bearings look like normal wear..:eek: but if everything keeps going and looking good im gonna throw a new set in it and see what happens next season.

while i clean the crap out of everything and try to get the engine bay to look a little better.

At this point it would be kinda stupid not to put the bearings in since you have it apart, and its something else you won't have to worry about.

At this point it would be kinda stupid not to put the bearings in since you have it apart, and its something else you won't have to worry about.

they are going in for sure.. 2nd time in 6months... :rolleyes:

that's why i found a timing cover as well. since i think that's why the end cam gear keeps eating the cam syncro gears..

also broke the new timing tensioner that had maybe 1000miles on it. not sure whats going on really..

but im gonna replace everything again.

another cam gear (used)
another cam syncro (used)80k miles
another timing cover (used)80k miles matches syncro
still has new timing set. looks fine
another new timing tensioner
rod and main bearings

and possibly bolt it back together.

then while its out im pullin the return plenum and cleaning the inlet side up. from when it was modded for 3" ic piping

I got my main, rod & cam bearings at o'rielly's. Got all my basic rebuild parts there & they gave me a 10% discount on everything.

Back