Check engine codes

hmeric7

hey guys hows it going? replaced my broken harmonic balancer this weekend and all went well. bolt threaded right out and broken sleve on crank slid right off with the old drywall screw trick. All went well till i started the guy which had been sitting for about 3yrs. i put new gas in the tank becuase it was on empty and started it up. the car instantlly started but was running real rough. the idle was all over the place and if you tried to rev up the car itd still try and die. then the check engine light came on and gave me some codes so i looked em up and this is what it came up with

code # 211 PIP circuit failure
code # 126 MAP or BARO sensor out of range
code # 565 Canister purge (CANP) circuit failure

now i do not have a clue what these mean. i no there is a map sensor but the 211 and 565 make no sense lol. i thought maybe the crank position sensor may be bad since the harmonic balancer broke so i dont know. let me know what ya think.

hey guys hows it going? replaced my broken harmonic balancer this weekend and all went well. bolt threaded right out and broken sleve on crank slid right off with the old drywall screw trick. All went well till i started the guy which had been sitting for about 3yrs. i put new gas in the tank becuase it was on empty and started it up. the car instantlly started but was running real rough. the idle was all over the place and if you tried to rev up the car itd still try and die. then the check engine light came on and gave me some codes so i looked em up and this is what it came up with

code # 211 PIP circuit failure
code # 126 MAP or BARO sensor out of range
code # 565 Canister purge (CANP) circuit failure

now i do not have a clue what these mean. i no there is a map sensor but the 211 and 565 make no sense lol. i thought maybe the crank position sensor may be bad since the harmonic balancer broke so i dont know. let me know what ya think.

pip is your crank position sensor, dont know the other codes

Canister purge typically points to the small electrical solenoid on the charcoal evaporater canister behind the bumper/headlight passenger side.

There is a small hose that captures vapors from the fuel tank and routes them to the canister, where they are soaked up by the charcoal inside. When the engine is started, the solenoid opens just long enough for any stored vapors to be drawn into the intake.

If the solenoid is bad, missing, not getting power, the computer knows and flags this as a fault and raises the issue with code 565, which is a KOEO.

http://www.njtacc.com/tech/eec_codes.html

k so do u need to remove the front cover to get to the selenoid. also does anyone know where or can show me a pic of where the map/bps sensor is. so if the cps was bad from the broken harmonic would it cause any of these. Also if the 211 code shows up would you replace the crank position sensor or could it be the cam sensor or dis module

If you did not remove the cam sensor then it is most likely the crank sensor because that is where you were working. If you did not change the spark plugs they are most likely in need of it. That the engine started at all is a good tell that the dis is working. http://www.thunderbirdscshop.com has some used sensors listed on the site.

Back