is this normal?

91BLOWNBIRD

so tonight i pulled into my friends driveway and he has a deep gutter...I rolled into the gutter and my rear driver wheel was off the ground and I got stuck because the wheel that was off the ground was spinning and the other wheel was doing nothing...

is that normal? isnt the diff supposed to switch power to the other wheel?

it has the stock diff with about 115k mi on it...i havent installed my auburn pro yet

it was dark but it wasnt balancing on frame or anything just that wheel was off the ground...but I thought the drive wheel was the passenger side?

reguardless both wheels should have gotten me up the driveway right?

the sc does have limited slip but when 1 wheel is off the ground there isnt enough pressure to lock the clutches to the other wheel

that makes sense...and when both are off the ground they will both spin...

I still thought the passenger side was the drive wheel cause that side on my car has the fat shaft

that makes sense...and when both are off the ground they will both spin...

I still thought the passenger side was the drive wheel cause that side on my car has the fat shaft

Fat shaft is not for added strength, the additional mass is intended to create a differnt harmonic frequency than the driver's side to reduce wheel hop.

David

I don't know about any of the other years of SC's, but my 89 was the same way. One tire off the ground and the other would spin, even though on a hard lunch on flat ground both tires would smoke.

Back