motor mounts for the 90

anlo

had so much fun doing the mounts on the 95 last week im goin for it on the 90 way overdue. looks like it should be much easier no cats welded j pipes i may not have to tear the whole driverside front of the engine apart.... just the steering rag joint should do it...mounts have to be up there on the list of must do ;s the difference is amazing a repair that actually will be noticed immediately....

on another note i have aquired the door a jar syndrome from my research on other posts the best solution seem to be remove the bulb on the vmm.. who needs a door a jar light anyway? it doesnt seem worth it to access the sensor on the latch . does anyone know if the trunk is in anyway related to the door ajar light or just the doors activate it?

had so much fun doing the mounts on the 95 last week im goin for it on the 90 way overdue. looks like it should be much easier no cats welded j pipes i may not have to tear the whole driverside front of the engine apart.... just the steering rag joint should do it...mounts have to be up there on the list of must do ;s the difference is amazing a repair that actually will be noticed immediately....

on another note i have aquired the door a jar syndrome from my research on other posts the best solution seem to be remove the bulb on the vmm.. who needs a door a jar light anyway? it doesnt seem worth it to access the sensor on the latch . does anyone know if the trunk is in anyway related to the door ajar light or just the doors activate it?

IMHO, the easiest way at the mounts is to just suck it up, take off both the driver and passenger side accessories and IC tubes and there they are!! No having to get under the car (or at least minimal gettin under it). I did it that way after punishing myself on previous SC by doing it from below. Again, Just my opinion.

complete

got the mounts done on the 90 didnt remove even a belt all from the bottom of course there was room without the cats .. no way around removing the knock sensor.. didnt have to un plug the gusher just bent the shield back. the trick is i had to insert fully assembled mount upside down then flip it in to place.. all in all went good im not afraid of the motor mounts exchange any more..thinking about replacing u joints next ..

Back