PDA

View Full Version : Here's a good story for ya

mywhite89
11-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Last night I decided to take the car out for a drive. I thought the supercharger was making a little noise from the beginning but its the end of the year and I didn't really care. My car really loves this cold weather, its like it found an extra 30 rwhp.

Anyways, I was behind a Grand prix s and we both jumped over to pass a truck and he took off a bit so I took a close look and it was one of those V-8 GXP's. I was about a mile from my exit and got up next to him. Rather then letting me pass he decided he wanted to speed up so I shifted into fourth. From there on it was all supercharger whine and his headlights deep in my rearview mirror.

Sooo, I get off the interstate and I was hearing a bit more noise from the blower, so I shut it down and coasted to a gas station so I wouldn't ruin the thing. I went to pop the hood and my hood release cable broke!!! While crossing my fingers I get out of the car and to my excitment the hood did open. To work I went with no tools other than my hands to pull the blower belt off. Note to all, it is possible to take the blower belt and jackshaft belt off with your hands, and to put the jackshaft belt back on with your hands. It was a major pain to do being that I have the thicker tensioner springs but I got the job done.

In the end, it all worked out and I drove the car home with a couple hundred less horsepower. Now I have a winter project!

Chris

1QUICKDAD
07-19-2011, 04:57 AM
good run whats your mods if u dont mind?Ive got a few small things done to mine but looking for the best bang for the $$ first!:DLove how these cars pull!!!:eek:

mywhite89
07-26-2011, 08:56 AM
good run whats your mods if u dont mind?Ive got a few small things done to mine but looking for the best bang for the $$ first!:DLove how these cars pull!!!:eek:

fully built engine with custom ground cam and bigger valve heads. Ive now ditched the m90 supercharger and I'm waiting on a twin screw blower. It made somewhere right around 340RWHP before.

chris