barometric atomospheric pressure sensor

no only thing it does is add timing at WOT for altitude

stupid thing, i always disable it

I had an e-mail conversation with sailorbob regarding the BP sensor, and when he looked through the code for the GASLI strategy he found that even if BPSSW is set to NO, the code will still need a BP value. So it will infer the BP value using various parameters including load and totldst. If either of those values are inaccurate, the BP value it uses will be wrong.

That being said, it would be extremely unusual, so much so that it is very unlikely it has any impact on idle behavior. If you suspect the sensor you can always unplug it and see if anything changes. Unplugged it may set a CEL, but the car should run with it disconnected. Higher elevations may notice a performance difference with it disconnected, but most closer to sea level should not see a difference.

I just had one of the 3 wires on my BAP sensor break off the plug at the races Sunday. The check engine light came on and stayed on but the performance stayed the same, in fact I ran three 12.9's with the CEL on. It never missed a beat.

Back