PDA

View Full Version : Rust free rear K cradles and cups

Splattered
11-07-2010, 05:18 PM
HI

I come from TCCOA and live in AZ and it was suggested to post these sets here. I too think its a good idea to share some rust free hardware for the SC only crowd.

I am using the same user name so anyone can check and see I have great responses to my sales.

What I have is all the bolts is really good condition with out being rusted to hold up the rear k and all the cradles and cups that are hardware that hold the K to the car.

Here is a pic of two sets recently sold. Aside from just being dirty this is how most of them look when I pull them, Nothing a bit of sanding and repainting can't help make last a very long time. I passed on any these brackets that had any rust starting and any bolts that looked like they had anymore than just the slightest of corrosion. I removed all these sets with only hand tools so they were not seized at all. I am not a huge body builder either so no severe force was applied.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qb5g92.jpg

I have 2 other sets currently for sale $35 each plus 11 for shipping through a flat rate priority USPS flat rate box. If you use pp add $1 for fees

my email is sbarroagent@hotmail.com

Flex
11-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I suggested Tim post these here. He has sold many rust free sets and those of us living in rust zones could use these.

92sclikenew
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM
so where looking around 47 bucks to have these shipped with a pay pal payment?

im interested in a set.
;)

Splattered
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
so where looking around 47 bucks to have these shipped with a pay pal payment?

im interested in a set.
;)

Yes thats right. I am starting a 50 hour work week on next wed. so If anyone else speaks up with interest I have monday and tues as my last couple days to spend in the junkyard until for about a couple months. I used to be on 40 hours but this is the peak season and I simply don't have the time after 50 hours hits. I walk 10 miles a night as it is so I don't even know if I could bear to do it. But I'll pick up a couple more sets from this same yard so the price is likely to be unchanged if I get more. I am very picky about taking anything that looks rusted at all.

Thanks Flex for the back up, yeah I have a good resource to unrusted parts that a commonly rusted everywhere else. I have to leave for work now and then wake up tomorrow and hit the yard asap because I wake up late. I also have Tues to hit the yard and will see what I can grab then too. So this is going to be a very limited supply for the time being.

I also have many other Do dads to sell as well, anyone needs a set of gen1 SC center caps?

94lx
11-08-2010, 02:59 AM
Good person to buy from. I bought these. Shipped fast and you wont be disappointed.

iceblue
11-08-2010, 05:12 AM
I'll take a set. Let me know how to pay.
Brian

Splattered
11-08-2010, 08:15 AM
I'll take a set. Let me know how to pay.
Brian

Paypal via my email sbarroagent@hotmail.com

I broke down the cost above and the total is 47 shipped.

I will repeat I am getting tired of my work schedule so this monday and tuesday are the last times I will pull more(Ill get as many as I can) until either I quit my job or get hours cut down after peak is done with.

XR7 Dave
11-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I'd like a set, just want to make sure you still have them before I send paypal.

Thanks.

Plat0ribs
11-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Good person to buy from. I bought these. Shipped fast and you wont be disappointed.

^ X2 ;)

Thanks!
Plat0

Splattered
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd like a set, just want to make sure you still have them before I send paypal.

Thanks.

I have 2 sets right now and maybe 4 more by tues.

Splattered
11-09-2010, 05:03 AM
I have 3 sets as of now. Tomorrow I'll try to grab 3 more this will be it for the year and until January or at least until I quit job or get fired whichever comes first. Its a seasonal job that works long hours this why I say that.

I have noticed that the K bolts likes to begin to corrode near the head of the bolt. I seriously suggest sanding the part before the threads and painting them with something that wont come off. None of the brackets/cups I pull have rust problems but I highly recommend cleaning the dirt off them and repainting them to keep it that way.

I can only imagine the firepower you rustbelters need to get the old ones off.

I heard something like a torch to get it glowing red and a 6ft cheater pipe to get it free.

Flex
11-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I received mine from Tim yesterday. They look almost new.:)

Splattered
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I received mine from Tim yesterday. They look almost new.:)

Thats the kind of resource I have for a bargain price. I have a few sets still but I am done pulling them if Im lucky Ill grab one more. Get these while you can if you have a winter project.

iceblue
11-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Got mine . Super nice. Thanks.

Splattered
11-16-2010, 04:21 AM
Got mine . Super nice. Thanks.

You are welcome.

I have all the sets Im going to have for a long while so if other have a winter overhaul project they want to do a few set are still available. I just can't bring myself to pull anymore work is wearing me down.

Splattered
11-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Thanks.

I have your pp Dave it will go out asap

92sclikenew
11-16-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm still interested in a set but just can't swing it at the moment

Splattered
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm still interested in a set but just can't swing it at the moment

At the moment it seems you have plenty of time to swing it in the future. I still have a few more sets to go around. I am guessing Ill still have at least one set in a months time but I can't be held to that. All I can say is today is my last trip to the yard.

92sclikenew
11-16-2010, 05:58 PM
At the moment it seems you have plenty of time to swing it in the future. I still have a few more sets to go around. I am guessing Ill still have at least one set in a months time but I can't be held to that. All I can say is today is my last trip to the yard.

well if you have a set when im ready ill be buying one.. i dont expect you to hold me a set but it would be nice:D

Splattered
11-16-2010, 11:42 PM
well if you have a set when im ready ill be buying one.. i dont expect you to hold me a set but it would be nice:D

I'll try not to sell the rest so quick. Btw I have 5 sets left and thats all folks. My ~~~ is tired btw I picked up a 94 sc back bumper and hand brake with cables so Ill try to pedal that stuff instead.

Splattered
11-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Kurt K and Dave dalke your sets go out today and thanks a lot.

I have 4 sets left without anyone's name on them.

Splattered
12-01-2010, 07:19 PM
92sclikenew I set a set of these aside for you whenever you are ready. Storing these isn't a big deal to me.

Bump still have 4 sets that are up for grabs.

If you have a winter project this is a good idea to get rid of the rusted out bolts and brackets and replace them with much cleaner parts. If you prep these they will last a very long time without rusting. I noticed how the bolts especially love to rust in the sleeve part of the bushing. These bolts are comparatively clean but should be prepped anyway as they have only survived being in the dry climate.

I also noticed the rusting happens on the front K bracket because once you use a jack to jack it and set in on a stand up you can scrap the paint off and expose bare metal. I'd use some roll on bedliner to stop this.

rbrown
12-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Paid.

Rodney

Splattered
12-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Paid.

Rodney

I see your payment and will send a set out asap. Work has me on 11 hours shifts now so bare with me.

rbrown
12-02-2010, 07:43 PM
It's cool.

Where do you work? Is your email addy a clue?

And I'm rbrown over on tccoa too.

R

Splattered
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
It's cool.

Where do you work? Is your email addy a clue?

And I'm rbrown over on tccoa too.

R

I used to work for sbarro pizza for 3 years it was literally who I became.... a sbarro agent. I quit that job on good terms a few years ago. I work at a warehouse now for amazon.com. Its a grind if there ever was but I am physically up to it. I walk many miles a day. I could walk 10 miles a day no problem I can't believe I am saying that but I walk a lot for work.

I have seen you post over at tccoa so you must know I dont fvck people over, you'll get yours I have the box ready. I just reused the name splattered(an obituary song) here so tccoa peeps know who I am. I am on a 55 hour work week right now. I am kickin ~~~ and getting numbers.I hiope I dont sound too egotistical because I am not that way to peoples faces. Since you asked I thought to give you a bit about myself. I know some people on tccoa have met me but I dont think people know me very well. I like joking more than anything and making a good transaction is what I am about.

This is the most I have written on sccoa :)

Flex
12-03-2010, 03:28 PM
On Monday, I walked about 5 miles in three hours through the bush carrying and dragging a deer I shot the last two miles. Snow was about a foot deep. Talk about takin the wind out of your sails.

Tim is definitely a good person to deal with. The parts I received were unreal.

Splattered
02-08-2011, 10:33 PM
I have more sets for sale they $35 plus shipping through priority flat rate boxes. I have right now 4 sets for sale.

I even have a set of upper mounting cups that Ill sell for 10 bucks with anyones order.

If you want more than 1 set Ill cut the price down
2 sets is 60
3 sets is 75
all 4 is 90.

These are really hard to find clean in the rust belt so anyone with a rusted under carriage needs to ditch the rusted out stuff and get clean.

Splattered
02-17-2011, 05:22 AM
bump to the bump

smokin86
02-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Payment sent!

Brian

Splattered
03-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Payment sent!

Brian

I'll get it out tomorrow thanks.

For everyone else I now have 2 sets left. People are loving these parts get them now before I increase the price to an even $50 a set shipped through pp. I know that I'm not going to have the time to pull more very soon so the window of cheaper price is closing. After this its pretty much on a serious request basis. Of course there are still price breaks when you want more than one.

brandonpink
03-03-2011, 09:34 PM
do u have any k craddle sets for sale if so let me know how to pay