Vinyl dash tops-Still available from Ford?

tbonz

The other day I got into my car only to notice a hairline crack from the windshield back on the vinyl dash top. I've searched and seen some people here have experienced this and gave some options like covers and pads and used dash tops(which still could crack from age). I am thinking I want to keep the stock appearance and was wondering if anyone here knew if the ford parts are still available.
I love my car, and have owned it since new, but lately these little things that come with age are really bothersome.

Thanks for any info!

todd

New from Ford are going to be long gone, interior parts are the first ones that they make obsolete. You need to be looking for a good used one unfortunately.

cheers
Ed N.

What year/style of dash are you looking for? I have no use for mine that I pulled out. Could help out a fellow New Yorker;)

No longer available from ford, i had to check 3 years ago when my 94 SC got broken into. Shop around the salvage yards, and don't neglect to look at cougars too, the dashes are the same.

I got a plastic dash cover for my '90 from a Dr. Vinyl in Boca Raton. The cover, painted and installed, was about $110 - $120.

But, be careful. Before I used the Dr. Vinyl in Boca, I used one N. Miami Beach to fix some dash cracks. They crushed my right hand door by running into a shop work bench. Then the franchise owner gave me the run around saying he wanted me to use "his" body shop and he wasn't sure if he was insured, blah, blah. (The dash cracks came back they "fixed" came back in a few months.) I contacted Dr. Vinyl corporate headquarters - excellent response. I submitted two estimates for the damage, received a check immediately and had a used door installed at the body shop of my choice.

I think Victor at Spinning Wheels sells the dash covers for our cars. You should check in with him.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Back