Fun in Kentucky....new best

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Drove to Clay City, KY to get some runs in this weekend. I'll post more details and I picture of the timeslip when I get home (we'll be heading that way in about an hour). 2 weeks ago I had bettered my Shootout best with a 11.703, but I guess everything went right this time. Even thought I've had better 60' times, my 60' time of 1.61 was enough to net me a 11.521 @ 116.748. I wish I could have backed it up with another 11.5, but was only able to manage an 11.6x something. I guess my car likes this track:rolleyes:

Was cool to see you get your new best! I had a blast even though I only got to make two runs due to mechanical failure. I will have that taken care of this evening and ready for the track this weekend. Gotta get this belt thing figured out also.

Drove to Clay City, KY to get some runs in this weekend. I'll post more details and I picture of the timeslip when I get home (we'll be heading that way in about an hour). 2 weeks ago I had bettered my Shootout best with a 11.703, but I guess everything went right this time. Even thought I've had better 60' times, my 60' time of 1.61 was enough to net me a 11.521 @ 116.748. I wish I could have backed it up with another 11.5, but was only able to manage an 11.6x something. I guess my car likes this track:rolleyes:

Thats puts you at the top of the pro street class at the next shootout if the class indexes remain the same. Congrats. I will have to buckle down and find a few tenths to get competivitive. Gotta feel good to have an 11.5 car;)

Ken

Sweet Kurt.... I wish I was able to come to the track like I planned but couldn't make it. Damnit!!:)

Congratulations....

Thanks everybody. I'm happy to be putting the car away this winter relatively unscathed.

WoW!! You too?! Great way to finish the year Kurt. Bet you can't wait for spring.

Ira

Here is the timeslip. I'm in the right lane. I was racing a Nissan 350Z with bigs and littles. If you notice, I had him by 2 tenths at the 330, then he had me by 2 tenths at the 1/8. He also slowed way down after that because his rear tire actually went flat while he was in front of me. In the split-second I had to decide what to do, I chose to stay in it and get around him. The thought was at speed the centrifugal force would let his flat tire keep its shape; when he slowed I thought the car might turn right. Right or wrong, if I would not have stayed in it, I would have a new personal best. Conditions of the run were a DA of 450', 61.2 °F, 29.1 %RH and pressure of 30.29 in HG. Later in the day, the DA got as low as 90'.

Attachments

• MountainParkDragway_2010_11-07_1152.JPG
    MountainParkDragway_2010_11-07_1152.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Wow...that Pro tree is really screwing up your usually great RTs :eek:

David
Well, I didn't know I was racing on the Pro Tree until I saw the lights :rolleyes: and then it was like OH S*!<, I gotta go. :)

The rest of my Pro Tree reaction times were sub-.200, and I was pretty happy about that considering I never race with a Pro Tree.

Kurt,

Are you planning to attend the spring KY HP shootout April 10th ? I'd like to go, just to get another crack at a 9 second timeslip.

David

Kurt,

Are you planning to attend the spring KY HP shootout April 10th ? I'd like to go, just to get another crack at a 9 second timeslip.

David
Not sure if that is a good idea since the baby is due on April 23rd....so I'll say it is doubtful.

Back