engine question

Superloop

ok I have an 89 sc that needs an engine and I found a complete engine minus supercharger out of a 95..the question is...would this be an easy swap or is there major modifications that need to be done? or would u recommend overhauling the original?
Thanks in advance!!

This question has been thru here several times before. You'll need to change the harmonic balancer and crank position sensor. Otherwise the 95 motor will work just fine. Do a search on this for more details from other threads.

No problem. Sometimes the search function will give you a lot of superfluous info and it's a bit of a problem to separate the wheat from the chaff. You may have to do a lot of reading to find the exact info you need. BTW, I've run a 94 motor in my 90 for years.

yeah u r right...anyway i want to have a somewhat reliable car but i also want around 300rwhp. Wont be a daily driver. I was either going to rebuild the 89 engine or buy the 95 and build it. What would u recommend? lets say i buy the 95 engine...could u give me a parts list as to what to upgrade? i mean complete parts list, that way i have everything i will need:)
Thanks again:D

I would call Dave Delke and tell him to ship me a 4.3L built motor. If it was me...

Justin

The 94/95 motor has some advantages like better rods and a windage tray but I agree about checking with Dave Dalke. He's who I went to for my motor parts.

Back