What size are the flywheel bolts???

BlackbirdSc94

I have a slight problem right now, got my engine sitting here in the middle of disassembly and Im trying to the pully and harmonic balancer off the engine and I have no way to keep the motor from turning over (heads are already off too)

I was thinking I could get bolts and put them in crank where the flywheel bolts up and use a breaker bar or something to keep the crank from turning so I can bust those rusted up pully bolts off. Im stuck at this point because I cant get anything else but the oil pan off

Thanks

I have a slight problem right now, got my engine sitting here in the middle of disassembly and Im trying to the pully and harmonic balancer off the engine and I have no way to keep the motor from turning over (heads are already off too)

I was thinking I could get bolts and put them in crank where the flywheel bolts up and use a breaker bar or something to keep the crank from turning so I can bust those rusted up pully bolts off. Im stuck at this point because I cant get anything else but the oil pan off

Thanks

an impact would do it good.. but doubt thats gonna be any good with you....

i would maybe pull the oil pan and see if you can get a good sized screw driver in on one of the crank weights.

maybe someone else has a better suggestion.

Heads are 19mm if memory serves.

Either use and impact gun or shove a bar through one of the holes/slots in the plate and go at it.

The bolts holding the flywheel on will loosen before the crank pulley bolt will.

pully

i just tried a bunch of sockets until one fit good on the first bolt i saw through the flywheel inspection hole , left the ratchet on there i didnt check socket size.. you might need a second person to put pressure on the pully bolts while you hold the socket in place. it took a few tries but finally lodged flywheel. did it twice already same car so it is doable youll need to get some patience ..

Back