Main bearing issue

plstktnkr2

SCCoA Member
I am building a 4.3 stroker S/C motor and tom at super six said the thrust bearing has an issue (size) between 4.2 crank and stock bearing. does anyone here have any experience with this combo? will the stock 4.2 mains work?
rick

I've built plenty of these motors. You'll have to notch the rear main cap and block to clear the alignment tab but that's all. Yes, stock 4.2L bearings will work. Let me know if you need anything else.

Dave you have a clevite part number?
also do you have pictures of the modifications you did to the number 4 bearing cap and block?

Last edited:
Dave you have a clevite part number?
also do you have pictures of the modifications you did to the number 4 bearing cap and block?

I don't use Clevite main bearings but it's the standard part for a 4.2L. I don't have any pictures either, but basically you just have to put a notch in the block and bearing cap for the alignment tabs. I use a air cut off tool and a steady pair of hands to accomplish this but you could also do it with a small file.

I have ordered the mains, I will see how difficult this will be and hopefully have the shortblock done by Xmas. shooting for 300 @ the crank with a max of 12psi. wonder how close i'll get.
Rick

I have ordered the mains, I will see how difficult this will be and hopefully have the shortblock done by Xmas. shooting for 300 @ the crank with a max of 12psi. wonder how close i'll get.
Rick

That depends more on the blower, heads and cam than the crankshaft/increased displacment.

David

well the bottom end is a longrod 4.3 set from SuperSix Motorsports.com, and I am looking for a MDX blower and a volvo intercooler. trans is an AOD with 3:73 final drive, and the cam is a comp cams with a little lope in it, and a set of roller rockers from a merkur

Last edited:
UPDATE: clevite #MS-1812 P

The only change needed is the rear main "CAP" needs notch relocated, all the rest fit fine.

I am unsure of the year of my block.

Back