PDA

View Full Version : Just an update...

007_SuperCoupe
11-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I haven't been on the forums much in about the last year, so for those of you who know me and have wondered if I fell off the face of the earth, the answer is 'no.' But here's what has been going on over the last year to two...

February '09 I had a recurrence of my melanoma... again stage 3c. After a lot of searching I found a clinical trial at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. I traveled down there every three weeks for my treatment. In July I finished that treatment, and so far, everything is still clear.

The SC has pretty much been grounded since my initial diagnosis in 2006. I maybe have put 4000 miles on it since then. Currently it's got some kind of engine damage, but I have not had the time to even think about tearing into it to see what's going on. Instead, I've got a short block. I also dropped my heads off at the machine shop a year ago for a full port job. I've got larger valves, springs, etc. Since I decided to go with a mini-shaft system, but have ran out of funds, so it's all on hold. :(

With the capability of the heads, I've also decided to build a custom intake manifold. I've made some progress, but it too has stalled for now, pending the time I can actually get to the shop to work on it. Along with that, I will be doing some work to the short block as well. Of course, the new manifold will mean a new IC as the stock configuration just won't work as the stock mounting locations will likely not work out. Not sure of that yet, but that's the thought process I have after building a base pattern for the manifold.

So needless to say, the SC is just sitting in the driveway collecting dust... as it has been for much of the last 4 years.

I just have been going to work, taking kids to all their activities, helping my wife get through more schooling and then it starts again the next day... :) I'm thinking I might be able to take a look at the SC in a couple years... LOL!

TSC89
11-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Good to hear you Sam. I see your posts on Facebook when I bother to get on there. I was wondering what you were up to with those "parts" you picked up in K.C.

007_SuperCoupe
11-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Jim, those parts are sitting in the trunk of my Buick...on the off chance I ever make it over to Omaha to work on them. I've made it there twice since I picked up those parts, if that tells you how much time I've had! When I've actually had some time, my wife generally has something going on that I can't go.

The big thing I'm doing now is just getting my bills paid down from both years of treatments. I may have a little here and there that I can put towards the SC, but I don't see a significant amount for a couple years yet. My first goal is to finish the heads. Then work on the short block.