Anyone else addicted to U-Pull-Its?

phils89sc

I just cannot help myself when I go into these places!! It is like...where do I go first, what part do I want today? Yesterday it was a new chime box and driver's door gasket. Today it will a second set of lower front control arms so I can just rebuild and swap them out. Next will be a 92-97 gas tank, for guess how much, $29.00!! Granted I have to pull it, but the car is already up in the air and the price includes the fuel pump, if I want it.

I wonder if there is a support group out there for this? :) Nah, denial is key for this addiction.

I know I am. I go at least every couple of weeks.
I have 1 Pick-N-Pull and 2 U-Pick- It's within 45 minutes of home.
There are always fresh Thunderbirds, Cougars & Mark VIII's to pull parts from.

I used to go a lot, but the MN12's are far and few between locally and I get pissed off at all the folks that go there and ruin perfectly good parts as they hack their way to the part they want. People ruining windshields by not having the proper tools to remove them. Wrecking door panels just to get a switch out, or a window motor, bending the piss out of sheet metal so they can pry on the fender to lift something out.

The folks that go to the one by me ruin it more than helping it.

I think of it like an easter egg hunt.....:D

I have to get a wheel barrow to haul all my tools in....

If I go in with just a screwdriver and pliers, I'll see something that I need and not have the tools to get it....:(

If you don't have a season pass, you're just a rookie :)

If they offered one I would have it.:D

I know what you mean Mike. I found a really no 90 Thunderbird with a black interior. It HAD a perfect dash and door panels. That was until someone used a crowbar to try and remove the center section of the dash for what reason I do not know. They used the same crowbar to take the door panels off. At least they didn't destroy the rear speaker covers with the aluminum strip on them.

Last edited:
I'm so...oo jealous.

Everything is gone up here within days due to rust and lack of demand.

My days of hunting down Mustang pieces in the early eightie's was quality time with nature.

I still carry my 6" scar with pride. Trunk to roof to windsheild thinking I would close the hood with the left as I stepped down. Runners were damp slid down the windsheild between the cowl and hood and took the shin to the bone.

Never did grow back.

Those were the days...

Paul

I think of it like an easter egg hunt.....:D

I have to get a wheel barrow to haul all my tools in....

If I go in with just a screwdriver and pliers, I'll see something that I need and not have the tools to get it....:(

i know how you feel every time i go and dont take every tool needed i cant get something that is really worth getting:rolleyes:

Thursdays at 9 on TLC...

SUPERCOUPE HOARDERS

I don't have time to go to the junkyard anymore. It's probably healthier that way!

me four

well i used to go to pick n pull ..... but my brother in law bough a wrecking yard .... so :rolleyes: i go every time he get's an sc. i am first in line :p:D:D

but i still go to pick n pull some times... thou

you never know what hidden treasures lie within

i found a wrecked lightning with a kenne bell setup on it, the whole she-bang out the door for $120 intake "compressor" fuel rails brackets, injectors, ecu w/ chip :cool: and intercooler

found an f350 with an aftermarket borg warner turbo on it

an old 70s gm truck with a colt .45 under the console :p

but the best was a a 91 tbird with a 351 swap :D

where are the yards you go to phil? the only one thats a u-pull i have found is in greenville. i try and go on fridays if i have that day off.

Back