White moonroof wire?

sc91gt

I found a, I think 12 ga white wire that had been cut by PO just hanging down between drivers door and dash under the kick panel. I traced it up the pillar where it does a right turn clyde towards the moonroof switch. Explains why it has never worked. I am having trouble locating the wires other half so I can re-connect it. Any one know? Thanks,Shawn.

Attachments

• 1110101131.jpg
    1110101131.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
pretty sure.

I do not know if that is where the wire is supposed to go down by the fuse panel, but i pulled the plastic off the pillar and chased it up until it turns towards the moonroof button. I gently pulled the headliner down to confirm. It is a ''factory wire'' I'm pretty sure. when you hit the MR button ther is nothing. The kid who owned this before had other wires cut/ disconnected for no apparrent reason. Like the memory wire to the main underhood fuse panel. And a connection from starter relay, to I think alternator. But it still ran. ??

That looks like a wire somebody added_
Here is the wiring diagrams for the moonroof_1990
I did not see a white wire in the drawing

Later
dbd

Attachments

• 1990 moonroof wiring.pdf
    257.6 KB · Views: 71
Yup. I've had dashs out so many time, I can tell you that its not from the factory. Maybe someone wired in something at the front/top of the windshield before. Radar detector, navigation device, or whatever.

Thanks!

I had the dash pretty well apart, including the fuse panel and I could not find the other end. I guess I will try and find where it goes. Getting a leak down that side from somewhere, so I have to pull it apart anyhow. I was hoping someone could say it was or wasn't supposed to be there. Where can you find wiring diagrams like that? I would love to get my hands on a manual. Thanks guys. :)

maybee an alarm that would close windows and sunroof? that might explain why there were other cut wires for no apparent reason.

Back