cylinder head gsk set ?

USCFOOTBALL

Hi I just bought a head gasket set for my 98 S/C I want to know if I bought the correct head set it is a Victor Reinz set part number is HS5816WB.
Also what t/stat should I use for the engine. And is there a way I can wire in a remote switch to the electric fan so I can turn it on when I want to but also keeping it wired to the ECM as well in case I forget to flip switch.
Last one sealer or no sealer on the head gsk?

Thanks for your help. MR. FORD FOREVER. THANK YOU VETS!!!!!

Attachments

• xz 016.jpg
    xz 016.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hi I just bought a head gasket set for my 98 S/C I want to know if I bought the correct head set it is a Victor Reinz set part number is HS5816WB.
Also what t/stat should I use for the engine. And is there a way I can wire in a remote switch to the electric fan so I can turn it on when I want to but also keeping it wired to the ECM as well in case I forget to flip switch.

I am not sure exactly what to tell you about the Victor HG set as I always use FelPro. I do know that if you are looking to save on money, this is not the area to go cheap, trust me...I am sure others on here will tell you the same thing.

As for the remote override for the fan, the only thing I can think of is to locate the leads from the IRCM that go to the fan relay and design yourself a bypass switch to bypass the IRCM fan relay (high speed I would think).

i didnt look to much into it, but from what i seen those are for the standard 3.8. not sure if that even makes a difference or not. if they are not mls gaskets make sure you use a copper spray. remember to retorque the head bolts a few times before you do the torque to yield, if you search in here you can find arp studs. they are highly suggested by all that have done heads in this forum. with those there is no torque to yield. still do your retorques though.

and the intake bolt torques are debatable. i know dave told me when i rebuilt mine but i forgot. send dalke a request for his suggested torque. it seems to be working fine for me. he can also do some good head work to if your looking to have them worked up any. :)

Last edited:

high spped will work but in your area i wouldnt think you will ever need more than low speed. im in il/mo area and low keeps mine at 180-190 in the summer. during the winter it rarely ever turns on.

i didnt look to much into it, but from what i seen those are for the standard 3.8. Not sure if that even makes a difference or not. If they are not mls gaskets make sure you use a copper spray. Remember to retorque the head bolts a few times before you do the torque to yield, if you search in here you can find arp studs. They are highly suggested by all that have done heads in this forum. With those there is no torque to yield. Still do your retorques though.

And the intake bolt torques are debatable. I know dave told me when i rebuilt mine but i forgot. Send dalke a request for his suggested torque. It seems to be working fine for me. He can also do some good head work to if your looking to have them worked up any. :)

thanks for all the good info

Back