Motor Finally Out :)

SCchick3

Pulled the motor out today and got some pics up...

Here are my plans-

CompCam 259HR115
Accel 48# injectors
Professional Products 75mm TB
C&L 76mm MAF
obviously port and polishing everything from the heads up
sending SC out to be rebuilt
and replacing all the gaskets in the motor.

Any suggestions or ideas wanted!! Thanks :)

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 119
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 121
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 120
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 118
  • pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 121
What are the specs for that cam? You have some decent plans. You will have to get a chip to tune it all to work together. I would add ARP studs to the mix. Are you going to overdrive the blower? You might also consider 50 lb injectors. Just a few thoughts

Ken

What are the specs for that cam? You have some decent plans. You will have to get a chip to tune it all to work together. I would add ARP studs to the mix. Are you going to overdrive the blower? You might also consider 50 lb injectors. Just a few thoughts

Ken

Great question on the cam, i got it referred to me and it is described as excellent replacement for super coupe, strong torque.

I think i'm having Dave Dalke burn me a chip when the motor gets put back in this spring...

Should i over drive now? or wait til i know my motor is running well then get my overdrive pulleys??

Does 2lbs really make a big difference? I was talking to the-big-e and he said either the 48 or 50...i know its all based on the duty cycle.

Having rebuilt a couple of these motors personally, a couple pieces of advice might be helpful. One, if you touch it, replace or refurbish it...saves a lot of headaches. Two, use high temp silicone on your gaskets, etc. Three, double-check everything during reassembly. Four, use King rod and main bearings. Here are some prices, parts numbers and suppliers I have found handy.

King Main Bearings – MB4052SI – Flatlanderracing - $39.27
King Rod Bearings - CR6619SI – Flatlanderracing - $22.80
(Durabond F52) Cam Bearings – Flatlanderracing - $21.60
Competition Cam - #44-701-9 - Flatlanderracing - $299
Scorpion Roller Rockers - SCP1069 - Flatlanderracing - $169.99
Lifters – Comp Cams #832-12 – Flatlanderracing - $55
(12) Beehive Valve Spring – CompCam #26918-12 – Flatlanderracing - $130
ARP Head Studs - #233-4003 – JEGS - $86.00
ARP Main Studs - #151-4202 – JEGS - $103

Great question on the cam, i got it referred to me and it is described as excellent replacement for super coupe, strong torque.

I think i'm having Dave Dalke burn me a chip when the motor gets put back in this spring...

Should i over drive now? or wait til i know my motor is running well then get my overdrive pulleys??

Does 2lbs really make a big difference? I was talking to the-big-e and he said either the 48 or 50...i know its all based on the duty cycle.

If you
port the blower, install a cam, port & polish the heads you will likely see a drop in boost. Most overdrive the blower to bring the boost back up. I would also port the outlet of both exhaust manifolds. Nice cheap mod that frees up the exhaust. If you overdrive the blower than you will need to up grade the intercooler. It just goes on and on sometimes.

ken

If your going to a tune and head work are springs a possibility.

With the 5 spd 265hr112 may give some long term satisfaction.

Paul

Back