check gauge light comes on when.

sabre81

i go into heavy boost like 8 or higher and goes off as soon as i let off the gas?

whats goin on? i did recently put fuel injector cleaner in, and it started doing this imediatley after i put it in. is this it? why would it do this?

Are you sure its the Check gauge or is it the Check engine light? The Check gauge is only supposed to come on for 3 reasons

1.) overheating
2.) Lo fuel
3.) Lo oil pressure

Its not supposed to come on for boost related issues..

KwikGSeX said:
Are you sure its the Check gauge or is it the Check engine light? The Check gauge is only supposed to come on for 3 reasons

1.) overheating
2.) Lo fuel
3.) Lo oil pressure

Its not supposed to come on for boost related issues..

The check guage light will also come on when you redline, or when your gas tank needs some food.

And the check guage light is red, and the engine light is yellow (orange)

My car does the same thing while going WOT my oil pressure drops causing the check gauge light to come on. Its been a while, but there have been long threads about this problem. If I remember correctly its not really a big deal. Nick

THe first time this happened was directly after i filled up with gas and topped off with stp injector cleaner. On my first redlight i figured id punch it. The light cam on immediatley after i was into heavy boost. car runs perfect still though.

MikeM said:

The check guage light will also come on when you redline, or when your gas tank needs some food.

And the check guage light is red, and the engine light is yellow (orange)

Check gauge light wont come on when ur at redline.. I used to regularly take it up to 6200 at the track and not ONCE did it ever come on for that reason.. Hell even the owners manual says its for those 3 reasons ( i remember reading that when i got the car in '90 LoL) Hey Sabre maybe u have a short somewhere.. that sounds really weird.. Ive never heard of it happening b4..

Back