Sunroof Not sealing

bkosonen

So on the drivers side the front I guess water comes in when it rain's hard. I havent looked at it very hard yet, but on the back on the sunroof it looks like its not pushed up tight on the roof line. What kind of parts would make this fit tighter? Why would it be leaking?

I battled this for 2 years, if you have replaced the seal , open the window all the way back, see the screws along the sides , the holes are elongated so you need to adjust the retainer towards the direction of the leak. open & close the window for fine adjustments & take a drive up to speed & listen for wind noise & work the window till it's quiet & then do a water leak check.

Mine had a lot of dirt in the tracks. Once it was clean and WD-40(ed) it worked and closed correctly. Also, I think SCP now sells new seals.

So on the drivers side the front I guess water comes in when it rain's hard. I havent looked at it very hard yet, but on the back on the sunroof it looks like its not pushed up tight on the roof line. What kind of parts would make this fit tighter? Why would it be leaking?

Probably dirt in the tracks but if its closing your problem is clogged drains there’s a trough all around the inside of the sunroof this trough catches the water that leaks past the sunroof seal. There are 4 drains (one at each corner) that run to tubes that get clogged up and need to be blown out with compressed air. You can test by parking the car on an incline then poor a cup of water into the trough see how fast it drains you can locate the exit points as well

Back