Exhaust Set up What do you think?

You'll need cats and a resonator, which I use the magnaflow duel in/duel out which has a builtin cross over. These even fire v6's have the nasty drone that will give you a splitting headache on any kind of lengthly drive.

Fraser

With the time and money invested I think it is better to go get a mandrel exhaust bent for your car. I paid a friend $200 to install mine. Lets say that the rear section was a real ~~~~ at the axle.

i had no issues with my install. it went in nice, and i turned the rear sections up a few degrees to put it further into the rear space.

Well, it looks like it might be hit or miss. Mine was tight on the back side, I opted for the full exhaust they sell and just had the down tubes modified for the the V6. My friend was having trouble with clearance around the lower control arm mount as well as past the gas tank. But we got it worked out and its on.

Its not a bolt on kit, But its good enough to bring to an exhaust shop to get it welded in place after tweeking it.

thats prob. what I will do. How ever as of right now, I want to do something, how would taking out the factory resonator and puting straight pipes in there and leaving the mufflers at the end sound??

It sounds terrible!!!

Mine is stock ported manifolds, stock cats, and some one before me cut the pipes after the cats and welded in a h pipe there across the bottom of trans (stupid). Then removed resonator and straight piped it, to stock mufflers out back.

It sounds like a john deere 2 cyl garden tractor at idle and even more strange sounding as the revs go up.

on a stock SC removal of teh resonator with factory cat sdoesnt sound that bad. Im currently running an x pipe with high flow cats and dynomax ultra flow mufflers....Its loud. Not awfull awfull but loud

I have a cam however

ok I wont do that then. I think I will just go true duals 2.5" with Magnaflow resenater and ether magnaflow mufflers or flowmaster 44's

For the majority of it you can get away with using band clamps, thats what I did for the "low" stress areas.

i've stated this before. mix a baffled style resonator with fiberglass core mufflers. the baffled res tunes the sound and the glass core mufflers cut out the high pitched noise in the exhaust.

or you can set it up vice versa, magnaflow style resonator with a set of baffled mufflers.

on the cheap, i used an ebay welded case baffled resonator (think identical to flowmaster) used stock piping, then added a pair of flowtech raptor mufflers on the rear with turndowns. (the flowtechs can be had for about 50 a pair at oreilley)

on my 95 i have the mandrel system, no cats, 2 flowtech raptor mufflers in place of the resonator, and two flowmasters at the rear with tips straight out of the bumper. its a fair bit louder, but mostly due to increased pipe diameter, and no cats.

Do you have any sound clips of eather system?? Are the Magnaflow resenators a xpipe inside? did you notice a difference going from the fake dual to true dual??

So when I'm ordering mufflers do I want center inlet and outlet? Whats the easiest to use with the Mandrel bent kit? And What do you all think...... Flowmaster Super 44's or Magnaflow's? Or something im not thinking of? I want it to have a nice deep tone but louder. And then Do I need to order a Xpipe AND a Resenator from magnaflow or Do the Magnaflows have a xpipe built in?

Also any one have the part number they are using for the Magnaflow resonator I cant find it on there website? Thanks guys

So when I'm ordering mufflers do I want center inlet and outlet? Whats the easiest to use with the Mandrel bent kit? And What do you all think...... Flowmaster Super 44's or Magnaflow's? Or something im not thinking of? I want it to have a nice deep tone but louder. And then Do I need to order a Xpipe AND a Resenator from magnaflow or Do the Magnaflows have a xpipe built in?

Just get a flowmaster bolt-on kit from summit. Unless you have big big plans that should be enough for your set up. Get the resonator while you are at it or if you can live with the drone put the straight pipe.

Yeah Im not happy with that kit. I want true dual. Do you know if all magnaflow's have X-pipes inside? or do you know what I should buy for that resonator.

Back