New Magnum Powers 95mm TB

The one thing I did notice, that setup won't fit under a stock hood since my 3.5" is rubbing against the hood now so I'm pooched... I can barely afford the TB let alone a whole hood etc.

Fraser

I dont bennefit from any of this till I get a big mouth inlet. The tube could be made oval at that point where it hits the hood frame buy I know what you are talking about my 3.5" rubs. But I cheer on those that are making progress. :cool:

I think it will be a lot easier to come up with a larger air inlet tube, than to modify the inlet plenum, linkage and throttle cables to accept an oval throttle body. Even if you have an oval throttle body, you are still going to need to fabricate a new air intake tube that transitions from a round MAF to an oval TB. You will also need a differnt throttle position sensor and IAC valve.

This new 95mm TB is really going to make reducing blower inlet restrictions a whole lot easier than the present alternatives. The cost is also very reasonable as compared to a similar sized oval throttle body.

David

Last edited:
I was not suggesting an oval TB, I was saying that I dont bennefit from a larger then 85MM unless my inlet, I was merely suggesting pinching a 4" tube,making it oval at the point where the shocktower and hood is the problem not sure what that will do to flow.....

I think a 4" inlet tube is going to require a few horsepower dents, and removing a small chunk of the under hood support to make it fit. I got a hammer and whizzer wheel...;)

I was not suggesting an oval TB, I was saying that I dont bennefit from a larger then 85MM unless my inlet, I was merely suggesting pinching a 4" tube,making it oval at the point where the shocktower and hood is the problem not sure what that will do to flow.....

Sorry Ricardo, I missunderstood you.

David

My deposit for 3 isn't in yet, gotta scrounge up the cash. :eek: I'm all in on this one and I don't care if it presents a couple minor challenges to fit.

Ya Hoo! :D

I'm going to wait until I can get a larger inlet plenum to the blower someday... no point in going bigger in an area that isn't the flow issue until the actual restriction has been taken care of.

Good luck guys, hope it works out for you :).

Fraser

Is the bolt pattern gonna match the stock inlet pattern, or we gonna have to drill and tap that? Along with hogging out the inlet bore.

Back