Just a question, Dont bash on me here!! pacesetter long tubes

90turbo1

so I was laying in bed last night, wife didnt want anything to do with me so I got to thinking...

i have seen pacesetter long tube headers on a mustang. they kinda hug the block nicely. so I was thinking. What would have to be modified to make them work on a SC. the steering joint is the issue. I plan on using a different joint like a flaming river joint so it would get to be smaller diamater at least. but the long tube would give a person more tube to work with if you had to move them or make a different bend in them.

it doesnt really matter pacesetter (cheap) other ebay headers (probably cheaper) or mac long tubes for mustang.

anyone got a pic of what needs to be modified?

just a question that was in my head thats all.

and yes I know the stock manifolds flow pretty darn good when ported, I am just wondering about the headers.

and yes i did search there are lots of threads but no reall pics or answers.

I am thinking he is talking about the mustang tubular manifold that was stock. he is just calling it a header in the post. Correct me if I am wrong but thats how I read it.

he compared it to a long tube "real" header
and a shorty "real" header.

its a very good article to read though. but my question is what needs to be modified on the header, and I said it was just a question in my mind as to why it doesnt fit. not why it doesnt flow better..

The topic has come up before, but I don't remember if Mustang long-tubes were tried. I know Mustang shorty headers have been used. I think that one pipe needed to be modified, or the steering joint changed. You may need to experiment with both.

The topic has come up before, but I don't remember if Mustang long-tubes were tried. I know Mustang shorty headers have been used. I think that one pipe needed to be modified, or the steering joint changed. You may need to experiment with both.

COOL, when i read it cant be done i just wonder why, thats all. thanks for the reply

Back