Whole lotta CEL codes, what are they?

AWD1990Tsi

Okay finally got a good bulb in my CEL so I could do some diagnostics. And I got far more codes than I expected.

My car is sometimes I chore to start, and ever couple days when it starts up it'll run rough, and the idle tends to search around between about 500rpm-1000rpm. Most days it's fine just long cranking times basically anytime I start it after it's already warm

Anyways here are the codes I got

KOEO test:

KOER test:

And after the "power balance" test it gave me a 9 and another 9

What do these mean? Besides my car obviously isn't happy with life at the moment. lol

It's an 89 Super coupe 5 speed by the way.

Any and all help with be greatly appreciated. I'm a little lost on it.

The weird part is that when driving the check engine light is on at idle, and when just cruising at low throttle. But if I get on it to accelerate the CEL goes off and stays off until I go back to just cruising again. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Randy

Okay finally got a good bulb in my CEL so I could do some diagnostics. And I got far more codes than I expected.

My car is sometimes I chore to start, and ever couple days when it starts up it'll run rough, and the idle tends to search around between about 500rpm-1000rpm. Most days it's fine just long cranking times basically anytime I start it after it's already warm

Anyways here are the codes I got

KOEO test:

KOER test:

And after the "power balance" test it gave me a 9 and another 9

What do these mean? Besides my car obviously isn't happy with life at the moment. lol

It's an 89 Super coupe 5 speed by the way.

Any and all help with be greatly appreciated. I'm a little lost on it.

The weird part is that when driving the check engine light is on at idle, and when just cruising at low throttle. But if I get on it to accelerate the CEL goes off and stays off until I go back to just cruising again. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Randy

Just a thought, you may have a bad EEC or possibly a bad ground.

Man I really hope not on the bad EEC. It still really runs pretty decently though considering that I know the code 66 is saying it has a low maf signal.

I think the majority of those codes are of complete and utter seriousness. I just need to figure out what they are to be able to fix them.

Back